002 ⋆ caroline winters

────── #twoword count: 3

────── #two
word count: 3.2k
❝ caroline winters ❞
POV: CARIAD

7 ATT

Cariad Landas and Caroline Winters were two entities sharing one vessel. Caroline was her alter-ego when playing a round of Capitol Girls with Chassis back in Six, but utilized to fit in when she moved. Now that she integrated herself into their territory, there were days when she was more Caroline than Cariad.

Caroline Winters prided herself in the wealth that brought her family to the Capitol, Cariad Landas felt intense vexation course through her body every time she put on a piece of gold jewelry. Caroline was clueless and self-centered; Cariad was hidden beneath the mask, absorbing every detail that could be used for later. Caroline received secrets, and Cariad? Well... Who needs to know that?

But one thing this vessel showed in both Caroline and Cariad was a love for photography.

She looked through the newly printed pictures that she set on her library's table, quietly boasting her improving skills as a photographer. A few were of her new Capitol friends, Clemensia and Lysistrata, during an impromptu photoshoot at the Corso. One was of Sejanus in an empty classroom, reading over a monologue just before literature class. Three were of her acquaintances; they were shot on a whim, usually when she had a vision that she direly needed to execute (and they were the only subjects around). This was so common in school, they coined the term vision victim to address anyone who found themselves posing for her camera.

Most were of her boyfriend, Dolion Vespertine, during a picnic date they had the past weekend. She loved the way she captured his soft green eyes and luscious brown locks in the warm light of a sunset.

Her most favorite one was taken by her father, Samson, during a phone call with Chassis where they both smiled at the lens -- Chassis from the grainy screen and Cariad from her cushioned velvet chair. It was slightly blurred, off center, and in poor lighting; but it was taken by her favorite parent, and with her favorite person. She grinned at it before placing it back in the safety of her folder.