part one; book three; chapter seven

...

chiron had percy and grover show me around camp before 'campfire time' where the apollo kids sing or something. i was really excited to be claimed by a god—or goddess.

first, they brought me to the poseidon cabin, which was empty with exception of tyson, but he usually doesn't stay for long.

next, they brought me to the athena cabin, mostly because percy wanted to see annabeth again.

we went through all of the cabins until we got to the last, but very not least, the aphrodite cabin. i took one look at it and i felt something. something powerful was happening inside...

suddenly, piper came running out, shrieking in fear of whatever she just saw,

"piper! what happened!?" asked percy.

"silena! she..." she said, "her makeup got ruined! someone drew a mustache onto her face!"

everyone calmed down, except for me. i gasped,

"how could someone do such a thing to such a beautiful face!? they should be punished for disrespecting aphrodite's beautiful creation!"

everyone around me went quiet,

'i felt like the center of attention, but why? was it because i thought something? oh no...did i say all of my aphrodite 'speech' out loud!? that's definitely why im getting weird looks.'

or so i thought...

i felt like i had just gotten prettier. and my clothes felt lighter.

i looked down to see...A DRESS!!!????

a dove landed on my head and i realized that was why i was getting stared at.

out of thin air, the old lady from earlier came walking out of the cabin, except she was wearing the same dress that i was and she looked 40 years younger.

"my child, i have claimed you as my own. you are now a child of aphrodite," she said gracefully.

"wait, your the stunning lady from the bench!"

she chuckled,

"yes, dear. that was me, guiding you."

my jaw dropped at her beauty, again.

"close your mouth, dear. it's unladylike." she said, walking over to me, "now, i must get going but this is my gift for you. it shall always protect you and the ones you love." <3

she gave me a hug and kissed my forehead, and then waves to everyone and blows kisses (that can actually fly) to my new half siblings. her true form was being revealed, and i was about to see it! a bright light shone in front of my eyes but no one dared to move to protect me, til they got covered by a cold hand.

once the bright light had disappeared, the hand was removed from my eyes. i tried to turn to see who it was, but no one was near me...

most of the campers went on with their day, but some congratulated me for getting claimed. someone said that i was blessed for being claimed on the first day, otherwise i would have had to stay with the hermes kids, and apparently, that isn't delightful because the stoll brothers are notorious for pulling pranks on people.

eventually, it was basically just me, percy, annabeth, and grover,

"what do i do now? like what do you guys do all day?" i asked, confused.

grover didn't answer, but percy and annabeth did,

"well, if you try to be like nico and not do any activities, you will get in trouble," said percy.