Chapter 1: My Head Hurts

My bloody head hurts, soooooooooo fucking much, but there isn't too long before we stop at our campsite for the remainder of the five-day camp. Not going to lie, I would enjoy this camp if there weren't sixty or so other sixteen-year-olds and a handful of teachers here with me. It will be a long week of 'team-building' activities and 'icebreakers' because we haven't known each other for the past three years, so it was a total flop before we even packed our bags.
"Oi! Dork-bag, I'm surprised you haven't tripped yet!" Fucking Billy, always finding a way to reck my life. At almost two meters tall, with mussels as thick as my whole neck, tanned skin, and a perfect face, you can tell he has spent the vast majority of his summer break at Williamstown Beach. Billy laughs, sticks his leg, and pushes my backpack, so I fall face down in a massive pile of mud. His girlfriend, Veronica, with an equally perfect body, laughs her high, screechy laugh. I wipe the mud off my face with my shirt, and I whisper to my only friend, Jake, "I so want to kill him." Jake turned to face me and was glad to see that his acne-covered face was gleaming with sweat, his small grey eyes looking at me closely behind his massive square glasses (which he wrongly thinks enhances his overall appearance). "Are you considering murder? You're going to far lengths there, my friend." He gives me a calculating look and then puts his head down to ensure he doesn't stumble. He is smart, one of the smartest in the school, a total dork, yes, but kind to all. Last year, a year eight challenged him to fight. He would have won it, too. The kid in question was about a third of his size, but he refused, out of concern for the kid. I fall back, so I'm next to Stella and Charlie. The two girls were holding hands, swinging them as they walked, I looked at them, and a hint of jealousy hit me, how I wanted someone of my own.
"Hey, Harry!" Stella's voice reaches my ears, and I look around to meet her eyes. They are bright green, her black hair and dark skin gleaming in the chilly sunlight. Her round, kind face looks at me with concern.
"What's wrong, Harry?"
"It's my bloody head, I hit this morning when we were getting ready to leave."
"I feel so sorry for you, I had a concussion last year, so not fun."
Charlie's head sticks out from the back of Stella's. Her blond hair clashes with Stella's black, and her hair is the frizziest of any I've seen.
"You should ask the teacher for some headache meds."
"I've got dome in my bag."
Stella and Charlie aren't exactly my friends, but they are nice enough for a chat.

About ten minutes later, I could start to see the outline of the cabins. They looked nice enough, but the wooden outside was mossy, I was excited to see that there was a web of power lines crisscrossing from cabin to cabin.

We walked to the centre of the circle of cabins that formed a sort of communal area. The head of PE, Miss Cold, explained that you weren't allowed to go into other people's cabins and that we were responsible for making our meals at the barbecue area, which was about ten meters behind Miss Cold. She started to read out the names of people who belonged to each cabin. I was with Jake, Billy, and two other of Billy's jocks whose names I don't know. The best cabin, by far, was Lucy, Eva, and Jack. Normally, there should be no mix-up of boys and girls, but Lucy has some condition that she only lets Eva and Jack treat. No one but the teachers knows what it is. They got the smallest cabin, and the teachers got the largest. Jake and I drag our bags across the dirt-covered ground to our cabin.

Once we reached the door of the cabin, I saw that it was painted a faded red. Billy pushed the door open, and we got our first look inside. It looked like we were inside the kitchen, in the right corner was a sink, and next to it was the fridge, it was only a small under-the-bench, kind of thing, and after that was the oven. The whole place was littered with storage areas. Next was the sleeping space. There were three bunk beds, a couch, a TV, a cupboard full of board games, and another cupboard to put our bags in. Billy and his friend claimed the top bunks imminently. The next room over was a laundry, complete with a washing machine, toilet, and shower.

2 hours later, I was lying on my back, looking up at my phone, praying that there would be some sort of internet service. I sighed, knowing I would get none. I decided that it was dinner time since it was already seven o'clock.
"Jake, come help me with dinner."
The wide boy clambered out of his bed and walked with me towards the kitchen. Billy and his cronies were by a river, chatting up some girls from what I heard. I started to chop carrots with a large shiny knife. And proceeded to steam them.

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy, hope you peps enjoyed Chapter One, and that you have a great rest of your day, don't miss Chapter 2: The First Night.