Shitty Shit

(A/N from 2023. This fic is also posted on Ao3)

Evening everyone! This is the first thing that I've ever posted I really hope you enjoy :D

There's a bit later in the story of the Haikyuu!! time skip but nothing really important.

I hope I'm able to make more stories like this from both Haikyuu and other fandoms!

Hope you all have a wonderful day, even if you don't end up enjoying this.

-Remember even if it doesn't feel like it, someone has always loved you and someone will, even if it takes time!-

Made by Ara, 2023~

Yahaba felt like his brain was combusting from the stress. He felt anxious and scared and angry all at the exact moment and all he ever wanted was Oikawa back.

He wanted his senpai.

No, scratch that, he needed his senpai.

He wanted the person who always shone in the face of despair because Yahaba knew he couldn't do that.
Oikawa was the type of person to hype up everyone, even at their lowest. Yahaba couldn't do that no matter how much he tried.
He wanted Oikawa to show him what to do one last time.
To show Yahaba how to set like him one last time.
To show Yahaba how to serve one last time.
To show Yahaba is a leader for the first time. But he couldn't - Oikawa wasn't there - he wasn't there to show and provide aid to Yahaba as he struggled with his newly found leading responsibilities.

There Yahaba was, feeling like an idiotic, pathetic, paranoid loser-nobody. And the only thing he could do was to run away.
Leaving confused first years behind.

He rushed into the hallway, tears pricking his eyes like needles. What was he supposed to do? Was there anything to do? He was lost, lost in everything there was. In thought, in confusion, he couldn't even remember where he was.

Yahaba needed help. But no one was there. Not even Watari - who was away at a libero training camp - and Yahaba was alone. No one could save him from his drawing thoughts and tidal waves of responsibility.
No one could reach him as he sunk further and further into the ocean-blue abyss of longing for freedom.

And Yahaba felt himself fall to the ground in despair, knees collapsing below him and hands barely catching himself. His body instinctively shuffled to the wall, and he slowly brought up his knees to his face.
The tears released after he did that, they followed out like a light shower on a warm summer's eve. It was expected, it was needed, but no one knew why it was there. Why was it there? Was he so pathetic to the point of getting good things in life - being the captain of the team he'd looked up to for so long - made him sob?
Those ideas that stormed his skull only made matters worse. They only contributed to him crying even more. And he continued thinking similar thoughts despite it all.

And in between his quiet calls for help? Were those... footsteps? Swift ones that barely made a sound. soft steps, making almost unnoticeable thumps like fresh rain pattering on concrete. And who other than Kyōtani Kentarō is the one creating them? He paused at Yahaba's feet.

Yahaba wanted to look him in the eye and yell at him to go away, but his throat stun and felt as if it was ablaze, as for his eyes, they had waterfalls springing from them, so he couldn't, and Yahaba just sat there, at the mercy of the wolf-boy.

"What are you-" MadDog half-questioned and then paused. "Are you- ... Are you okay?"

Yahaba didn't have the fight to respond - if he had he would have told Kyōtani to go away - instead he just shuffled his face in his knees further, quick exhales warming himself.
No. Warm was an understatement. It made him feel like he was a melting puddle of melancholy.