Chapter 2

" I never thought you would come, 'cause as far as I know you don't like occasions like this and prefer to be at home with your dog. That's what I remember." He said. 

And me? nah, I was just staring at him the whole time he was talking. Like I'm completely out of the universe. Hello? This is Uno, in front of me talking as if it was yesterday when we were together. You heard it right. TOGETHER. 

I smiled and said " I'm still the old, Aya. "

" That's good to hear then. " He said while sipping a drink. 

This is Sebastian Jorg Ouano --- our friends call him Uno. He is from a wealthy family, his father is a businessman and a mechanical engineer who owns a multiple-car accessories shop in the Philippines, they also have a lot of farms somewhere in Cebu, and since his Mom is a doctor, they also own a Hospital. 

He is my childhood sweetheart. We were just kids back then, He was in grade 5 and I was in grade 3 when we first met, just around the neighborhood since we have common friends.

I remember, we always play at our friend's house -- her name is Alys. 

" How was Alys? Is she still in New York?" I said while I glanced at my other friends back in the day.

" Uhm... I think she's okay, I haven't heard from her yet. The last time we spoke was Niko's wedding. She said she will be back anytime soon." He said then looked away.

I forgot, Niko was Alys brother. We were 6 in the circle, it was Alys, Uno, Niko, Joe, Ella, and I.

" Omg. Niko's wedding! I remember he called me a week before his wedding telling me to come."

Napa face palm nalang ako. I was so lost at that time. Niko's wedding was the day after I knew Kiko was cheating.

" I didn't see you there."

" Yes, I wasn't able to come kasi --- It's a long story" Napa chuckle tuloy ako ng wala sa oras.

" Was there a probl ---" He was cut off by one of his friends in high school. Naisalba ako dun ah. 

Ayoko mag kwento.  Ayoko na balikan yun. Baka maluha pa ako sa harap niya. Ampanget kaya nun. Kaka kita lang ulit namin tapos hahagulgulan ko na.

They excused kasi may i memeet na mga friends galing ibang bansa. And here I am balik ulit sa paghahanap dito kay Ella. Kaya ayoko ng mga ganito e, para akong nakikipag hide and seek sa mga tao. Di ko makita agad yung mga hinahanap ko.

" Soooo. You two talked na pala ha. " Of course, kaninong boses pa ba. She came out of nowhere.

" Did you just watched the whole time we were talking? kanina pa kaya kita hinahanap. You should have lapit to me."  inirapan ko sya.

" Why would I interrupt you two? " she added. We were walking palabas ng venue while nakahawak sya sa braso ko.

" Because, kanina pa kita hinahanap. And you knew how awkward it was " I sat on one of the benches sa labas. 

" It doesn't looked like you were in an awkward position. I saw you smiling pa nga e. It was ages since I last saw you two. And maybe you need some clos---." tinakpan ko yung bibig niya gamit ng kamay ko.

" You are so madaldal. "

"Sorry naman po. I was just kinda excited and happy at the same time. My heart's always been for you and Uno. You're my friends. " She said at tumayo.

"Yeah, I know. Pero iba na ngayon, and I know you know why. " Sabi ko sabay kuha sa kamay niya.  "I'm fine, Ella. We both living our lives the way we want to. I haven't asked but maybe he has someone na pala diba? Whatever his reason was, matagal na yun. Matagal na din akong naka move on. " 

"Gusto ko lang naman magkaayos kayo. I mean talk about what really happened, and why he decided to leave you hanging. Siguro naman may mga tanong ka din at the back of your head na ni minsan di nasagot. " She said and I looked at her.

" Come on, I don't mean to open up your wounded past but you guys are my friends. And you deserve to hear his side as well. I'm sure maiintindihan mo sya at ng magkahingian kayo ng kapatawaran. Iba ang peace na nabibigay ng forgiveness, alam mo yan." Saad pa niya.

Napatawad ko na ba sya? Bakit ba puno ng kadramahan tong buhay ko. 

"I love you, El." yan nalang nasabi ko sabay yakap sa kanya. Ella was there when Uno left me. The last thing I knew nakalipad na sya pa ibang bansa. Hindi mo ma imagine ilang messages ang nasent ko sa kanya with all my WHY's, and I never heard back from him. Matagal bago ko sya nakalimutan ng tuloyan and then I met Kiko.

We went back inside, nakipag kwentuhan sa mga batchmates and friends namin hanggang natapos ang gabi. Hindi ko na nakita si Uno the whole evening. I don't know where he was, maybe he left early and went home? I don't know. 

Habang pauwi na kami at nakatitig ako sa window ng sasakyan. Nagflashback sakin yung mga masasayang childhood memories ko with him. Nung una kaming nagkita, hanggang sa naging magkaibigan kami, naglalaro, nagtatago-tagoan until we grew up na kasama parin namin ang isa't isa. May pa promise ring pa nga sya dati e. Sabi niya magkasama kaming tumanda. Na hindi kami maghihiwalay. Sadly, that's not how our story ends. 

Hindi ko namalayang tumulo na pala yung luha ko. 

"Use this." Dee said.

Napalingon ako at kinuha yung panyo na inabot ng brother ko.

"Did you meet him?" he said while driving. I looked at him with my teary eyes.

"He seems fine." I replied.

"Nag usap ba kayo? Ano sabi niya?" He asked with a worried look on his face.

"Yeah, we talked. Just a small talk." binalik ko yung tingin ko sa window.

"Sinabi mo ba sa kanya?" 

"What's the use? He doesn't need to know. "