Intro and AU Explanation

This page will be updated as the story goes.

In this Poppy Playtime AU, Playtime Co does not have bad intentions. It is truly meant to be a fun toy factory with an Orphanage that isn't being malicious.

This story is written in many POVs. Check through top of the text to check

There are also some general differences:

1. The Smiling Critters are all adults.

2. The Smiling Critters are not human.
They were made with experimental lab grown DNA and genetics, with human like tendencies. Each Smiling Critter has their own personality and traits based on the "animal" they are too.

3. Playcare is a lot bigger in this AU, spanning across several miles. It's also a lot less isolated, with the sky and stars being more open and realistic (think of it like the Truman Show if you have ever watched it).

4. The Smiling Critters have an appearance a lot closer to the animated Playtime Co show. They are about as big as those Disney World mascots.

5. The Smiling Critters all work together to help the orphans. They take care of them and setup activities and such, like daycare attendants.

6. Every Smiling Critter has to go through an education process so they can learn how to act and take care of the orphans. This will be referred to as "Play Training".

7. PT Staff = Playtime Co employees/staff

8. dialogue in asterisks: *___* , are meant to be a whisper or a quieter tone of voice.

9. This story is set between 2010-2024. No specific time date as I might want to change things.

10. text in brackets: [__], are contextual notes not said by any character

11. "..." when said alone means a extended silence/passage of time.

12. The smiling critters DO wear clothes in this.

example:
text

...

text

That is pretty much everything. If you have read this far, thank you so much. This is my very first fanfic EVER and I truly appreciate you reading. If you have any feedback, suggestions, or want to point out all of my stupid grammatical errors, PLEASE DO!! I want to make this story as best as it could possibly be. Thanks! - Nebuless