💜 Chapter 2: The Spotlight

POV: CatNap 💜

I can't sleep. Which is funny, because I'm supposed to be the "Sleeping" Critter. I tried using the red air on myself, but I guess I built a tolerance to it, because I am wide awake. I can't stop thinking about DogDay. The way he was so kind to me... It was.. Nice. I didn't really have that back in Play Training. Aside from the PT Staff, there wasn't really anyone like me. Also, he smells like vanilla ice cream, so that's fun.

Before I went to bed, I talked to the others in the group chat that was on DogDay's old phone that he gave me.

7:32pm || 🛜 [26%}
Smiling Critters GC (8 people)

catnap:
hey! how is everyone doing?

craftycorn:
I'm doingf just great! it was nice meeting you CN

pickypiggy:
Hey catnap! i'm doing good, wbu?

catnap:
hey guys!! thanks for asking! i feel great!

catnap:
so, dogday told me about the playhouse event tomorrow, and he said that he'll introduce me to the orphans!

kickinchicken:
Sounds Cool Dude!

hoppyhopscotch:
that's awsum! i'm glad your in our team, catnap!

hoppyhopscotch:
remember, if you need help, ask dogday!! he's a great leader and he would be happy to assist you! although he was pretty quiet today... I'm sure he's alright!

catnap:
thanks guys!! i'm going to sleep now, see you all in the morning!

catnap left the chat

[catnap ended up taking 12 of those melatonin gummies and fell asleep after 2 minutes]

As the sun slowly rose, I could hear my alarm ring and ring. "Sigh... what time is it?" I check my clock. Oh fluff! It's 9:18! I only have a few minutes until I have to go to the Playhouse! I shouldn't have taken all those gummies...

I rush to the bathroom and take the quickest shower ever. Though, that lavender shampoo really softened my fur, haha. As I'm drying my self off, I hear a knock at my door.

"Hey, Naps? Are you there?" said a familiar voice.
"Coming!" I shouted. I dashed over and opened the door. "Hey there DogDay! What's up?" I said. "Hey! I just came here so I could show you where the Playhouse is. Also, you look a little... damp." DogDay said. "Oh! I um.. just took a shower." I said. "Looks like someone overslept a bit, haha!". DogDay said.

I don't know why, but he said that in a tone that made me feel a little... fuzzy. I mean, I'm already pretty fuzzy, being a Critter and all, but it was more like... fuzzy on the inside.

"Umm, CatNap, are you alright? You kinda just, froze for a sec." He said. "uhh- O-Oh! Sorry! I was just, *ahem*, thinking. Guess I'm still pretty tired, yeah?" I nervously exclaimed. "I mean, it does fit you, CatNap!"  he said with a big smile on his face. "Come on! I'll show you where to go." Said DogDay.

So, we went on a stroll to the Playhouse. While we were walking, DogDay asked "So, how does it feel to be the new Critter around here?". "Well, I'm a little anxious, but it's great! It's been fun so far." I responded.

"I do have a question though. What do you guys do at the Playhouse?" I asked. "Well, Bubba and Crafty do arts and crafts with the kids, Hoppy and Kickin do sportsy games, Bobby and Picky teach how to be healthy, and I mostly oversee them and help if anything goes off track." he said.

"I suppose your gonna help them with naptime and such! You know what they say, sleeping is always!... good? Actually, I don't know what they say..." DogDay said. I snickered a little, haha! He's so fun to be around... Oh! Anyways!