CHAPTER 18 -Devil's Sea-

Tress POV

'Again...'

In the hazy recesses of my mind, the same old dream unfolded, like a worn film reel playing the haunting echoes of my past. I stood on the periphery of the scene, a silent observer of the girl I once was. There she was, my younger self, carefree and adorned in the innocence of childhood.

'It's the same old dream again...'

My emotionless eyes fixated on her, distant and detached, as she laughed in the golden glow of an idyllic day. The blonde-haired girl running through the sun-drenched fields of nostalgia with her two inseparable friends.

"Gokuro! Boxer! Come on you slowpokes!"

Gokuro, with unruly black hair that seemed to defy gravity, carried an infectious smile that radiated warmth, bright as the noon sun. His laughter echoed in my mind like a melodic tune, and his presence was a comforting constant in the tapestry of my dreams. Boxer, with his lavender locks cascading like a waterfall of amethyst, possessed captivating blue eyes that mirrored the boundless sky. His gaze held a mysterious allure, drawing me into a world of enchantment.

"Hey, ***** Wait up!"

The echoes of a name lost in the muffled whispers of the dream. A smile adorned the girl's face, seemingly genuine. A smile that I had once lost and perhaps will never return.

'Again... I'm sick of it all.' My emotionless eyes betrayed no reflection of the joy that danced in her features.

As if a veil of darkness had descended upon the sunlit reverie, the dream transformed. The vibrant scenery morphed into a nightmarish canvas of red, an unsettling hue that tainted the once-pure landscape. A sea of blood stretched before me, its gory waves lapping at the edges of my consciousness.

My emotionless eyes bore witness to the unsettling spectacle as my younger self stared into the abyss before her

My emotionless eyes bore witness to the unsettling spectacle as my younger self stared into the abyss before her. Her eyes, once filled with innocence, now trembled with a disquieting fear as she reached out into the scarlet abyss. The hands that sought solace found only the chilling void of isolation. Frightened eyes peered through the crimson expanse, and the unsettling truth became apparent.

Yet, the only response that echoed through the surreal nightmare was the terrified eyes of her once-beloved friends. In that crimson sea, their voices uttered accusations that reverberated like a haunting refrain—

"Stay away! Y-you... You Monster!"

 You Monster!"