3 - The Silver Tongue

'Every day she looks more and more like him' Gojo thought to himself, gazing at Maki sitting in her seat, generally uninterested. Wrapped around her protectively was a large serpent that was coated in scales from end to end, its head almost resembling a dragon from one of those medieval European fantasy stories. It's forked tongue flicking around as it whispered into Maki's ear, its eyes darting around the room.

Gojo shook his head wiping the mental comparisons he had made away. He cleared his throat "Alrighty! We have a... *ahem* drumroll please?" Panda began tapping his desk with both hands rapidly
"A NEW STUDENT! You can come on inside now Yuta"

The door slide open, and as the new student's foot dropped into the first step in the room everyone froze. Panda, Toge, Maki, and her cursed spirit all locked onto the boy, readying themselves to attack. Gojo made a mental note of the fact that Maki's spirit had already seemed to have been searching for Yuta before he had made them all aware of his presence in the first place.

Maki stabbed the wall next to the poor boy, as the 3 first years prepared themselves for a fight until the serpent whispered something in Maki's ear. Her eyes widened and she jumped backwards, getting into a defensive stance.

"GET BACKKKKK" hissed the serpent, catching the attention of Toge and Panda. Maki's curse rarely ever spoke to anyone but her, and so the fear set in as the other two students jumped back as well. What was this dangerous presence that had alarmed the curse to speak.

"Aine. Safeguard" said Maki, her serpent nodding. Nobody apart from Maki herself knew what this cursed spirit could do, what its technique is. But as the serpent spoke, no sound came out. Everyone felt like they were underwater, all sound almost completely muffled as cursed energy washed over them. But nothing seemed to happen...

And then Rika spoke. "Don't bully Yuta..."

"No! Rika it's fine!" Yelled Yuta "Please don't hurt them!" Rika hesitated.

"Don't. BULLY. YUTA" Rika shouted, swiping at the closest one of the 3, Maki.

Her claw caught Maki right across the stomach, Gojo's eyes widening under his blindfold. Then a clang rung out.

"MAKI" Panda yelled with alarm, looking over at his classmate. But to his, and everyone else's surprise, she stood there unharmed. She winced a little from the impact and tore away the partially ripped jacket she had over her shirt, revealing the true length of her spirit.

The serpent had looked long already but it seemed as though the end of it that was wrapped around her waist continued coiling upward around her waist and torso, the true end of his tail resting on her lower neck. This spirit was her living body armor.

And then in a flash it was over. A board from the ceiling of the classroom fell and hit Yuta on the head, knocking him over. Gojo stepped towards him to help him up, but tripped over the board from the ceiling that he could've sworn he stepped over. His infinity pushed Rika forward, and Aine shot towards her hitting Rika like a semi truck. He quickly began strangling the spirit, his scales leaking cursed energy.

"SSSUMBITTT" Aine hissed, and in the span of 6 seconds, the ordeal had solved itself.

Rika struggled against her captor but - much to Gojo's surprise - she was powerless. She melted back into shadow, dissipating, and Aine returned to Maki.

"Well that was a complete and utter shitshow" Said Maki, her head dropping.

"I think it went pretty well" said Gojo helping up Yuta "well uh, yeah. This is Yuta he's gonna be in your class, and uh yeah... class dismissed?"

///////////////////////////////

I'm gonna go through Zero in a mostly neutral POV, not focused on one particular person more just the main group, but once we get to the main story it'll focus a lot more on Aine, Maki, Mai, and the new first years (also a LOT of Todo will be in this, he's my goat😽😻) hope all of you have a great day, and yes I did double upload today which is unheard of, so if you're interested in My Hero Academia x Star Wars check it out. And with that I will be signing off, thank you all so much for reading!
-0kHomie