•[𝐹𝒪𝒰𝑅]• 𝒟𝑜 𝐼 𝓂𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓃𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑜𝓊𝓈

The rest of the weekend sailed by smoothly

The rest of the weekend sailed by smoothly. Saturdays shift was unusually quiet but hey I wasn't complaining. Sundays are my shortest shift being 10:30-1:30, due to having college the day after, so it was a nice easy day last night. It now being Monday, I slowly strolled to school, I regretted not bringing a jumper as the breeze hit my skin, forming Goosebumps on my arms. Sending a shiver down my spine as my jaw lightly chatters.

Upon arrival, I hurried over to my homeroom to find Harper with her head resting on the desk beneath her. As I walked closer over to her, I could see her mouth slight ajar with her eyes tightly shut. With careful consideration, I strategically planned out scaring Harper to wake her up. Getting as close to her ear as possible, trying to hold back the laughter, with no warning I quickly shouted in her ear "BOO."

The scream that came out of her mouth was deadly. She sounded like she had just been stabbed. I was beyond holding the laughter back, clutching my chest as I was gasping for air.

"Avery you absolute idiot, you nearly scared me to death!" She slightly raises her voice at me, whilst her cheeks turning a deep pink at the sight of the whole room staring.

"Girls can you be quiet back there please, you sound like animals." Mr Kodak seemingly being annoyed as we both mumbled a quick "sorry" and carried on our conversation with lowered voices.

"So how was you detention last week?" she questions me talking at a whisper. I quickly remembered how I had gotten out of Fridays detention due to Miss Johnson having 'Better things to do', whatever that meant, If I get the chance I need to ask her. She seemed to be acting normal when she came to the bar. Well minus the bathroom situation we had. Maybe I should speak to Harper about it? Nah who am I kidding, that would be stupid.

"Well Harps, Miss Johnson decided to scrap Fridays detention so I got let off easy to be honest" Her face turning almost shocked, she must have thought I got lucky.

"If you can stay out of detention, there is a party at the frat house this Wednesday that I don't want to go to unless your there." The pitch of her voice getting higher towards the end of the sentence, indicating she was second guessing what she was saying. I was quick to interject her "On a Wednesday?" My voice coming out a little to loud as Mr Kodak sternly stares towards Harper and I.

"Quit talking so loud before we can't go to it and yes on a Wednesday Avery, some of us like to have fun and not just sleep all day." She watches my face form into a scowl at the direct insult as she smirks in my direction.

"Don't think I wont shut you up right now, because I will happily spread my hand around your neck to keep that pretty little voice of yours quiet." The smirk dropping from her face as the corner of my lips slightly turn up. Crimson spreading across her cheeks as she slightly lowers her head to avoid my eye contact.