【Eight】

✘ ✘ ✘

「 ✦  "𝙅𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙄 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙞𝙩.
𝘿𝙤𝙚𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙢𝙚𝙖𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙄 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩
𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙞𝙩." ✦ 」

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

I WAS NOW FOLLOWING AFTER BRANCH as I called out to him "Branch wait." I noticed he didn't stop nor turn around and look at me 'This idiot I swear." I muttered under my breath as I called out again.

"Branch, where the hell are you going?" I called out even louder before running up to him and grabbing his hand. He snatched it back before continuing to walk away "To save Floyd, alone. I didn't need them growing up, and I don't need them now."

I scratched the back of my head and sighed before following him "What are you doing?" He glanced back as I rolled my eyes "What does it look like I'm doing, I'm going with you." I heard footsteps as I turned around to see Poppy following on after us.

"Hey pipsqueak." She smiled as Branch looked back "P-Poppy? What are you doing?" He shook his head before walking as we followed him. "What do you mean? I'm going with you guys." She frowned as I bit the inner corner of my cheek.

"Why bother? Aren't you gonna leave me eventually anyway?" He questioned as I nudged Poppy forward "Everyone else does." He sadly spoke before Poppy stopped walking. I looked over and motioned to him as she run after and grabbed his hand.

"I have been by your side from the moment we met, and you've been by mine." She smiled as Branch slowly turned his head to her "Let's give each other some credit here." She continued.

Branch let out a sigh as he looked away "Right..uh....I'm sorry, thank you." He looked at Poppy who held a smile "You're welcome, and I'm not going anywhere...unless it's with you, to save Floyd." They smiled at each other before they gave a hug.

They pulled away before I noticed Branch looking over at me "Aren't you...gonna go as well....again?" He questioned as I walked over. "No...this time I'm staying....I promise." I slightly smiled "Y'know...when I left I didn't exactly have a choice."

I put a hair behind me ear as I sighed "But I am sorry Y'know, I really am." He smiled softly before putting his hands out indicating for a hug. I let out a sigh as I rolled my eyes with a smile as I hugged him back.

"GROUP HUG." Poppy yelled in excitement as she joined in the hug. Hearing a bell we pulled away and looked in the direction of the sound.