Alexis's POV

Washington D.C.

"Mutants are not wanted here. We need to end the x-gene for good." Benedict Ryan spoke over the tv.

Lies. All lies.

"Alexis?" Someone calls from behind me.

Turning around to see John, Clarice, and Marcos standing there. They messaged me two months ago to meet them here in D.C., and I wasn't sure whether it was a good idea; but two weeks ago, I replied and agreed to meet.

'It's nice to finally meet you. We can head to our training yard to talk." John offers.

I nod, "That's fine. I just need to grab my bookbag and duffle bag." I walk over to where bags were coming in from the plane.

We take a drive to the westlake apartment complex. Once we got inside one apartment, there were three people sitting at a table. "Have a seat, I'm going to go get Zingo." John then leaves.

Clarice and I sat at the table as the three people introduced themselves as Caitlin, Reed, and Lauren. Lauren and I are the same age, so it'll be nice to talk with someone who understands.

"John tells us, your family surrendered you to Sentinel Services." Caitlin asks.

Lauren and Reed look at Caitlin in disbelief. I reassure them, it's okay. "Yes, Mrs. Strucker. My parents did do that, but they were never the best parents before I got my powers. When the hound program was destroyed, I was one of the few who were lucky to get out and escape."

Caitlin nods, "your safe here. Our son Andy was taken, and we are trying to get him back."

Clarice, Reed, and Lauren shook off Caitlin's claims. Maybe something else has happened. We hear the door open breaking the akward silence as Zingo trauts into the room over to Clarice. Zingo then began to sniff me and sits as I pet her.

"This is Zingo. She is our support animal." Clarice smiles.

"Can we get to the task at hand?" Caitlin asked.

The others nod. "Thank you for coming her Alexis. We want to help you train you on your powers; however, we can." John starts, as he hands over a file with photographs of who the mutant underground is, another one known as the inner circle, a group known as the morlocks.

"Which group is the ones you're fighting against?"

1 month later

"Morning, kiddo." Marcos yawned as I made breakfast.

I handed him his breakfast. "Morning, what are the plans for today? It sounded like John and Clarice were going to the clinic with Caitlin, as Reed and Lauren go run a supply for Shatter." Giving him his coffee, as we both sat down to eat.

Marcos seemed distracted as soon the door opened. Marcos' hands started to beam, and three people appeared out of nowhere. "Hello Marcos, still haven't learned to shave." They said in unison.

"Try anything. You'll be short a triplet." He warns.

The girls turn their attention to me, "Who's this Marcos? Someone else you lie to to help your little cause?" They mock.

Marcos shook his head, "she wasn't lied to about anything. She needs help with training her powers. We can help her, far better than your sick game and cause."

The three of them roll their eyes. They introduced themselves as Esme, Sophie, and Phoebe. Marcos seemed to really dislike them, John has talked about them before when I first arrived; I just never thought they would be this confindent.

"Why are you here?"

Marcos' hands started to shine, "You might as well leave frost."

Esme and her sisters glow their eyes at us. "Marcos, go back inside the diner. Be a good boy and wait an hour before leaving." They smirk.

Marcos leaves without saying a word. I turn towards them, "What did you do to him?"

They shrug and step closer towards me. Their glowing eyes freaking me out a bit, "Now, be a good girl and get in the car."