"Chapter Five"

I've returned back to Aurodon. Despite being gone for not very long, it felt like years. Everyone wanted to give me more time with Ben. I wanted to actually sleep.

"...I told Fairy Godmother you need a few days." He said out of nowhere.

I looked up.

"I figured with the pressure and everything... You needed a break." He continued with a warm smile.

I only made a small brief smile but it faded. Does his parents know the truth? What did they tell him that's made him still want to rescue me?

"Ben...?"

"Yes, Lumi?"

"What did your parents tell you about me?"

"They told me the truth.... that you frozen someone to the wall that caused the isle to be riled up."

That almost makes sense. Although I feel there's something more...

"Anything else?"

He shook his head.

"Sorry, my parents told me they didn't want to get involved since isle of the lost is a different place."

I slowly nodded. I yawned.

"Tired?"

I nodded once more.

"You can use my shoulder."

I was hesitant at first. He just stared with his warm smile. I would just leaned closer and then use his shoulder as a pillow. Instead of staring at him, I looked out my window. It was almost nighttime.

"...I'm assuming Fairy Godmother is giving you a break too?" I said breaking the silence once more.

"Sadly no. Only you. I have to eventually prep to become King in a few days."

Few days...? I just looked down as I felt Ben moved his arm around me, holding me for support.

"What's wrong?"

"It's just..." I cleared my throat, "I feel bad now. You're supposed to be busy preparing as king but you went out your way to go find me despite..." my voice trailed off.

Ben shushed me.

"You're worth it, Lumi. I will go the distance to find you." He said with his charming smile.

I then lightly laughed.

"I never got to ask... what about Audrey?" I paused, "Since... you know."

Ben nodded, understanding what I meant on my question.

"She's furious and heartbroken." Ben responded, "She was really trying to hold me back from finding you."

And I can tell she lost the battle since Ben went to look for me after all. I would yawn once more.

"You should get going. I'm pretty tired..." I said with a tired smile.

Ben smiled and nodded.

"Of course. You know where to find me if you need me."

I softly laughed. Ben would wave before leaving my room.

Ben

Shortly after leaving Lumi's dorm room, I head back to mine. I couldn't stop thinking about her. I'm glad I got her back. Though I know it's taking her a bit. I think that's why everyone left us alone to talk... get closer.

"So you went to get her after all." A voice said behind me.

I sighed, knowing who it was.

"What do you see in her, Ben? She's a monster. She's one of them." Audrey asked.

"She isn't, Audrey." I responded before putting my hand on the doorknob.

"Your parents were right, this was all a bad idea. Better yet—"

"Audrey. Leave me alone." I responded deflecting Audrey.

I don't want any more drama. I'm already exhausted as it is.

"No, I want answers, Ben. The truth. Why are you in so love with her when she ran away?"

"Go find your answers elsewhere, Audrey." I paused, "Now leave me alone," I reinstated before opening and heading inside and slamming my door before she can say anything else.

I know it seemed rude of me to do that but... I know Audrey's changed ever since Lumi and the VKs shown up. Not saying them showing up was a bad thing but...

I sighed. If only I too can have a break but I know I can't. I only want one to relax from all the pressure and stress and spend more time with Lumi. I would yawn one last time... Lumi...