I

🧸🧋🍂📔
"Have a good rest of your day!" Reki called out to the blue haired boy. Langa offered Reki a small smile and a wave before taking his leave.

Reki's smile dropped when he saw Langa was out of sight. He puffed his cheeks in annoyance, going a light pink as he made his way to the back. It wasn't even noon, so they was hardly anyone there.

Oka stood over the oven, sweat forming on his forehead as he glanced back at Reki. "Talked to your Prince Charming?" He lightly teased, pulling out what looked to be croissants out of the oven. Reki hopped up onto the counter. He crossed his arms and swung his legs with a small nod.

"And how did that go?" Oka placed the hot tray on top of the stove top. He took off the oven mittens and turned the oven from 350 degrees to off. He turned to look at Reki when he didn't answer and raised an eyebrow in concern.

"..Add a point to the board."

Relief washed over his face as Oka snorted, leaving the oven and the croissants for a few quick moments to pick up the chalk from the holder at the bottom of the chalkboard. He added a tally under the left side of the line going down the middle. "Snow White, 7. Sleeping Beauty, 4."

"You're falling behind, Pops." Reki mentioned before grabbing his Energy Drink (Or as his dad liked to call it, a can of sugar) from beside him. He took a sip of it as Oka simply waved his hand up down to dismiss that comment.

"That's not fair. He hasnt been here in a few days." The older one rolled his eyes as he made his way to the croissants. He looked back over his shoulder to Reki, "And get off of the counter. Thats a healthcode violation waiting to happen if someone sees your butt germs on the surface we make food."

And with that; The bell chimmed.

Reki hopped down from the counter at Oka's requst and peeked his head from the serving window. A smirk spread across his lips. "This one is for you." He teased. Oka playfully rubbed the stubble on his chin and lightly tsked. "I already told the circus they couldn't have you back."

Reki rolled his eyes and shoved against Oka's arm as he snorted. "Seriously. You may want to attend the register now. Even if it's my shift, you should 100% take it. Trust me. Well. Trust me for once." He smirked.

Oka raised an eyebrow in confusion. He get Reki didn't enjoy working register, but what was so important Reki wanted him to take over so quickly? He peeked through the small server window and out into the open café. His eyes widened as realizaton washed over him.

Sleeping Beauty was here. In the café. Looking as tired (yet charming) as ever.

Oka tried to wipe the flour off his apron. After a few quick swipes, he abounded the piece of clothing all together (his son snorts filled in the background as he attempted to pull it over his head rather then untying it).

He pushed the door open with his hip while taking the place behind the register. He grinned. "Dashi! Hey! Welcome back!" Oka greeted, leaning forward to rest his chin on the palm of his head.

Tadashi merely rolled his eyes before meeting Oka's, poor guys eyebags growing darker as the days continued. "With all do respect, please refrain from calling me that. If you really must, you can refer to me as my first name. Just not 'Dashi'."

Oka learned quickly thst the other male worked for this big company down the road from their shop, the one the exact opposite way of the University.

Oka hummed, tapping his fingers on his chin. "The usual?" He asked, his other hand already making work of typing the usual number code for the order. With nothing more than a nod, Tadashi was already making work of sliding the card through their system.

By the sound of rustling in the kitchen, the manager could assume Reki was right on the job.

Standing up straight, he took a deep breath. He swore the next time he saw Tadashi would be the time to suggest if the two got to know each. As friends? Lovers? Benefits? Oka wasn't too picky on the details. He just wants to know him. And his eyebags.

Placing his hand on the back of his neck, he gently rubbed at it. "So...do you have plans this weekend?" Oka striked up the conversation before his pinch of confidence washed away. As Tadashi typed the pin in, he looked up at the manager with his eyebrow rasing. "Why?"

So he seemed a little interested.

Oka inhaled through his nose to puff his chest a little, offering a smile to the other male. "Would you be interested in going out and maybe even getting coffee? It doesn't have to be from here either!"

Tadashi blinked in Oka's direction. Once. Twice. His face flooded with confusion as he tilted his head a little to the right. "I don't drink coffee. The coffee I buy is for my boss." He explained as he removed the debit card. Oka's ears tuned into the sound of the machine printing out the receipt.

And realization hit Oka like a train.

Tadashi either didn't understand what he was trying to do or he knew, but wanted to let him down easy. He couldn't exactly tell just by looking at his face either.

Well shit.

"Oh."

Before Oka could make another comment, the door behind them opened. He glanced over his shoulder to see Reki carrying the drink. "Order up!" He smirked and put the cup onto the counter. Tadashi accepted it as Reki ripped the receipt from the printer. "Have a good rest of your day and we hope to see you soon, Dashi!"

Tadashi was quick to cut his eyes at Reki. The son only held his hands up in defense as he smiled, "Jokes! It's all jokes I promise!" He laughed nervously, pulling lightly at his uniforms collar. Tadashi did nothing more than turn around and leave the café without a goodbye.

"So..?" Reki's voiced pipped in from behind him. Oka wouldn't have been surprised if he had that smug look on his face. Just to rub salt into the open wound.

"...Give me the damn point."

🧸🧋🍂📔

Author's Note: I hope you enjoyed! I really love this AU so much. I wanna write more for it and maybe I will! Writing is a good past time! I could always write the first time Langa and Tadashi came in or when they actually. Yknow. Get together.

Feedback and comments are appreciated!