-24

First tell me y'all where did you find this story??? I mean like how?

Zeya slowly regained consciousness, her eyelids fluttered open, revealing eyes dazed with confusion and a hint of relief. Her gaze wandered around the room, taking in the familiar surroundings of her own bedroom, before settling on the worried faces of her family gathered around her.

Mahnoor rushed to her side, her eyes brimming with concern. "Zeya, darling, are you alright? How are you feeling?" she asked, her voice laced with worry as she gently brushed a strand of hair away from Zeya's face.

Dadi, seated nearby, reached out to stroke her hair, her touch soothing against Zeya's skin. "Do you need anything, beta? Water, perhaps?" she offered, her voice soft and comforting.

Shifa approached with a glass of water, offering it to Zeya with a gentle smile. "Here, take a few sips. It'll help," she suggested, her eyes filled with reassurance as she helped Zeya sit up slightly.

Zeya nodded weakly, accepting the glass and taking small sips of water, the cool liquid soothing her parched throat.

The situation began to sink in, Zeya's mind raced back to the events that had unfolded at the engagement ceremony. Her eyes widened with shock as she remembered Shahmeer's furious outburst and his protective embrace. The thought of his engagement loomed ominously in her mind, sending her heart into a panicked frenzy.

Struggling to conceal her inner turmoil from her parents, Zeya managed to compose herself as Mahnoor and the others hovered worriedly around her. With a tired sigh, she mustered up the strength to speak, her voice barely above a whisper.

"I... I think I just need some quiet... and rest," she murmured, her words laden with exhaustion and emotion. "Can I be alone for a while, please?"

Mahnoor's expression softened with understanding as she gently squeezed Zeya's hand. "Of course, sweetheart. Take all the time you need. We'll be right outside if you need anything," she reassured, her voice filled with maternal concern.

As Shifaa sat in her room, she dialed Zuha's number, her heart heavy with the weight of the recent events. As the call connected, she poured out everything that had transpired at the engagement ceremony, leaving out the details about Shehdad's engagement, knowing it would only add to Zuha's distress.

Zuha : It's sounds so complicated. Did something happen after that?

Shifa : No beta, shahmeer is nowhere to be seen.

Zuha : Aur zeya?

Shifa : she's fine now, sleeping maybe. But I'm telling you something is about to happen.

Zuha : Tayi ammi please take care of Zeya. Ye situation mujhe kuch thik nahi lag rahi.

Shifa : You're right beta. I have a feeling ye ladke ek aur shosha chodne wale hai.

Zuha : Aap bhi na tayi ammi. Acha acha sochein.

Sherdaad burst into the room unannounced, catching both his mother and the girl on the call by surprise. In his arms was Felis, the orange cat, looking somewhat bewildered by the sudden commotion.

"Mom, where are Felis' treats?" Sherdaad's voice was urgent, his eyes scanning the room in search of the elusive snacks.

Shifa, taken aback by her son's sudden appearance, struggled to maintain her composure. "Sherdaad, please knock before entering," she scolded gently, a hint of amusement in her tone.

But before she could finish her sentence, Zuha disconnected the call abruptly. Shifa furrowed her brows, confusion written across her face as she tried to reconnect with the girl on the other end of the line. "Hello? Zuha, are you there?"