The Most Painful Unrequited Love - Part One

I did everything in my power just to make you stay, so I could see your smile

I did everything in my power just to make you stay, so I could see your smile. The sweetest smile I've ever seen, the smile that brings solace to this weary heart. I once thought you were the one the moment I saw you. Your voice touched the whole of me and as if there was an arrow piercing my wall and went deep into my heart when you started talking to me. I didn't know if there was such a voice that sounded like a melody and soon became a song that its lyrics echoed in my whole world. Every corner of my world was silenced by the echo that came from another world, you.

For a moment it was like taking me walking into the forest. Greeted by the soothing sound of rustling leaves and the distant chirping of birds. As I wandered around the dense woods, my footsteps muffled by a carpet of fallen leaves, I felt an inexplicable pull drawing me deeper into the heart of the forest and there I found this enchanting lake. Nestled like a sapphire gem amid a tapestry of green. I walked toward the lake and settled in. As I gazed upon the beauty of the lake, I laid myself down on the grassy soil. I looked up in the sky and wished upon the gentle breeze that had been whispering through the branches of the trees. I raised my hand up to feel the wind, it was as though the wind itself was a living entity. My melody started swirling and dancing in the air. A melody that wished for something, yearning to be heard and understood. 'This is where I belong', I gently whispered...this rusty compass is too fragile to return. I want to stay, can I?

I closed my eyes allowing the breeze to soothe me. It felt like a gentle hand, offering me comfort and solace. And in a flash, I felt as if there had never been a war in me then your melody had me return to you.

I look at you and the picture of you shifted every chaotic feeling into tranquility. Never in my life have I felt such a peaceful tranquil just looking into one's eyes, your eyes. And your smile was like a raindrop filled with flowers that gave me the scent of happiness and joy. I didn't want to be anywhere but next to you.

The silver lantern of the night, the beauty of the crescent led me to the place where I found you. I was blue before you. The spark of you lightens the whole of me. Just like the moonlight shining us through the night, and the light of the sun giving life to us all.

I was happy from the night we met until the buck moon entered its phase.

I can't deny that it was the most beautiful moment I ever had before you started to change. You rained me with countless butterflies and flowers, you gave me hope that my life would change, that things would change...that the feelings you gave me would never end. I longed for a glimmer of light to pierce the darkness, a light to halt this never-ending war no one can see but me. I longed for a spark of warmth to rekindle my world. But the universe appeared indifferent to my despair, as if it had abandoned me to my painful solitude.

Alone again, at last.

You left.

You left me with an insurmountable cut. I frittered away a season of suns and moons mourning over you. My world once again turned into a cold place with a dark cloud that hung over in every corner.

I never knew how to let go, yet something began to change. I saw it in the way you looked at me, in the subtle shift in your tone. It was as if a shadow had fallen over our perfect moment. The warmth that had enveloped us started to dissipate, leaving behind a growing sense of unease.

I reeled back the film and it aches me to my core knowing you were like a fleeting visitor in the garden of my heart, seeking shelter only in the blossoms of physical desire, while I, unknowingly had built my home in a treacherous terrain. I misheard the melody, I was dancing alone.

Sometimes, I thought about it. Baby what would you feel if you were in my shoes. Imagined you were deeply and desperately in love with me but I was always hesitant to officially date you, worried that your lack of fame might somehow reflect poorly on my social standing. And I couldn't ignore the fact that I was accustomed to luxury and attention that my relationship typically brought. Would you feel sad? Would you feel hurt? Would you hate me for the fact that I couldn't date you only because you did not come from an affluent and prosperous place?

I choked on my own tears.