Prologue

I’m gonna die!

I stared at the corpse of my fallen comrades, their bodies disfigured to the point that they look like piles of disgusting flesh. Swords and other weapons littered the area where I stood. The roar of demonic forces shattered the sky, and the horizon painted crimson red.

A battlefield.

Cruel laughter of a savage beast, who knew not but destruction, echoed and the remaining individuals of my group screamed in terror. They scream the name of the Goddess, desperate for aid in this nightmarish situation.

My gripped falter. As I hear the incoming demons

I did not scream, I couldn’t. I could not even move.

“Claire!! What are you doing, move!!!!”

I could hear the distraught voice of my lieutenant, but her orders fell on deaf ears, as the ear shattering sound of steel clashing overpowered any pleas.

MOVE GODDAMNIT!

My mind shouted, but my body refused to cooperate.

“HAHAHAHAH! Run little Humans! Crawl like bugs!” An orc chieftain shouted in sadistic glee, as its piercing eyes stared down the running knights.

I watched in helplessness as the Chieftain crushed my comrades using its enormous warthog.

My body flinches, as the prospect of death triggers my instinct. Finally I am allowed movement. And without second thought, nor shame, I runned.

Hah, a goddess’ knight fleeing? How unhonorable and cowardly.

Tears fall down my cheeks, as I dare not look at what's behind me. In my mind, I repeatedly apologize to the Goddess.

I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry!

I could hear the inhuman screech of an imp as it alerted its demonic comrades of my fleeing presence. The orc roared in excitement, pointing its crudely made axe to the crimson sky, its mouth agape.

My soul shatters as I hear its roar, but my body thankfully didn’t stop due to shock, still continuing to run away to the deep woods.

I reach the edge of the woods, and without any hesitation dive forward inside the dark forest of this demonic land.

I run and run, not letting the branches, bush, or any obstacles hinder my escape. My body still has a lot of stamina, and due to the Goddess’ blessing my body is much stronger than that of a normal man.

But this blessing means nothing in the face of those demonic monstrosities.

I run until I reach a cliff.

“Shit!”

I shouted.

My mind is plagued with nothing but fear, as I look down to the edge. I contemplated jumping the high cliff. I could see blue, which means there’s a river down there, and there’s a lot of trees that can hopefully cushion the impact of the fall. But my mind is still infected with immense fear, doublethink.

My contemplation was broken by the dreaded roar of an orc.

Why is it still flowing to me!?

My face distorted into frenzied panic, as I heard the flora of the forest rattled and shakes, due to the large figure bulldozing through everything.