INTRODUCTION

Hello Creative Minds,

A very warm welcome to the 30-Day Challenge! #30DC

We aim to provide writers across Wattpad with a creative and supportive environment that gives you,  the writing community, the opportunity to improve your craft and enjoy a challenge. 

We believe every single one of you has an exciting story to tell, and we want to celebrate that and encourage you to complete those ongoing stories.  

This Challenge is for writers who have a great story waiting to be completed but who need a little extra motivation and support to get those words down. 

The idea of this challenge is to Support writers and help you create and foster the habit of writing regularly and consistently. 

Ready to challenge yourself and write daily for 30 Days?

Why Be Inspired To Write For 30 Days?

The inspiration for the 30DayChallenge is to write every day for 30 Days. The focus is not on the word count requirement but rather on consistency. The end goal is to keep up with regular posts to give your readers something to come back to. 

Consistent writing + Regular updates = Higher Reader Engagement ♥

*******

Who can participate?

Anyone! There are no restrictions. If you have a Wattpad account (meaning you are 13 years or older) and an ongoing story, you are welcome to participate in this challenge.

 If you have a Wattpad account (meaning you are 13 years or older) and an ongoing story, you are welcome to participate in this challenge

How Does It Work?

In a nutshell, to start, you will fill out the challenge form to enter your story during the submission period. Then, you will have 30 days to see how many words you can add to your story. At the end of the 30-Day Challenge period, you will resubmit your story.

Weekly check-ins will be sent out via our message board, and you can share your progress with the community and offer words of encouragement to motivate and celebrate your peers.

Don't hesitate to ask for sprint or brainstorming sessions on our message board. But please keep messaging civil, and don't advertise or share links on our message board. Thank you. Spam/advertising will be deleted

To inspire and motivate you to write, we came up with a theme for the 30DayChallenge called THE MAIN EVENT. Although there are no word count requirements to participate, and you are free to write at your own pace, we still want to celebrate specific milestones and encourage you to reach them.

HOW DOES THE 30-DAY CHALLENGE'S MAIN EVENT WORK?

Anyone is welcome to join in on the support aspect and share their progress at any time via the form, t Main Event will only apply to those who have submitted their story during the submission period.

The Low-Carder: The rank is given to those who added at least 10,000 (10k+) or more NEW words to their ongoing story during the 30 days.

The Mid-Carder: The rank is given to those who added 20,000 (20k+) or more NEW words to their ongoing story during the 30 days. So, a minimum of 20k and then anything up to 19,999 words.

The Main Eventers: The rank is given to those who added 30,000 (30k+) or more NEW words to their ongoing story during the 30 days.

All stories entered into the Main Event will automatically be considered for inclusion in one of our reading lists on the Wattpad30DayChallenge Profile, and a Participation sticker will be sent to you, regardless of whether you reach any of the above milestones.

Those who do reach one of the milestones in The Main Event will receive an additional special sticker and a shout-out from the profile.