Chapter 18: Uncomfortable

"What are you doing Jake?" Sunghoon yawned as he watched his boyfriend take out loads of different jackets out of his wardrobe.

"Look for the best hoodie to wear so I can hide my face from work."

"Don't bother.. we don't have to go to work." Sunghoon reassured the younger.

"Yes we should.. you are a CEO and you have responsibilities... so get up." Jake sighed as he continued rummaging through his closet.

"Well you are right.. I guess we should just act normally and avoid as much people as possible." Sunghoon sighed, as he scratched the back of his head.

"Okay.. I'm so scared of what people would have to say about this... it's terrible."

"Just forget it.. I'll hire someone to investigate this matter and find the culprit, I also sent a message to the owner of the app and their members are trying to take down the pictures."

"I don't think it changes much.." Jake huffed.

"Yes it doesn't but it's best if we stop it from spreading even further."

"Yea.."

Sunghoon slowly walked towards Jake and placed a soft kiss on his head, making the younger calm down slightly.

"Don't worry. We are in this together."

—☁️—

On arriving to the office, Jake could feel his hands shaking. He felt like his heart was about to stop at any moment.. He nervously exited the car, with Sunghoon by his side and they both walked into the building.

Just as Jake expected, the stares from everywhere felt like knives cutting through his skin. He could feel the intense gazes, some seemed angry whilst other's disgusted. Murmurs and whispers echoed through the room making Jake feel more and more stressed. Sunghoon didn't look like he cared much about it though. The older did notice how Jake was uncomfortable so he quickly grabbed a hold of his hand and continued walking, causing the whispers to intensify.

They soon arrived to the elevator, Jake sighed. They had passed the ground floor and they were quite safe now.

At least that's what they thought

After a minute, a swarm of people rushed towards Sunghoon pushing Jake to the side, continuously asking questions.

'How did you two fall in love?'

'Do you mind dating someone who barely has money?'

'Why are you dating a guy.'

Sunghoon felt his blood boil at these unnecessary questions. How did these people even get past the security guards?

"Get out.." Sunghoon's cold voice caused all the ruckus to stop.

Sunghoon walked towards Jake, grabbed his hand once again and dragged him into the elevator, not even sparing a glance at the crowd. Jake sighed as the elevator door closed, finally some peace.

"I hate this.. everyone is going crazy."

"I don't care about them at all .. so don't listen to them.. okay?" Sunghoon expression softened.

"I'll try...." Jake sighed.

"By the way..My parents called me yesterday, I haven't spoken to them yet.. I feel so nervous to talk to them."

"You should try.. your mother is very supportive.. I'm sure she wouldn't mind."

"I guess you're right.. I'll call her later."

On arriving to the fourth floor, they walked towards Sunghoon's office, ignoring the employees or the whispers. Heeseung saw his best friend and felt relieved knowing the male was okay , but he still felt restless since he knew that someone was waiting for them in the office.

Sunghoon opened the door to the office only to be greeted by his father, who was staring outside the huge window. He turned around upon hearing the door opening.

"Sunghoon.." M. Kim said softly.

"Dad..."

"You have some explaining to do.. you and Jake."

Sunghoon gulped before walking towards his father, with Jake's hand still in his.

"I'm dating Jake.. and I hope you-"

Sunghoon was cut off when he felt a pair of arms wrapped around him. His eyes widened.

"Sunghoon.. You can date anyone you want to.. I support you.. I'm sure your parents would be really happy to know that you've found love." M. Kim smiled brightly, warming Sunghoon's heart.

"And Jake.. I give you all my blessings as Sunghoon's father.. I hope you take care of him well.. and you too Sunghoon."

"Thank you M. Kim." Jake said, feeling grateful to have someone else on their side.

"Thanks dad.." Sunghoon said, almost tearing up at his father's sweet words.

"Right.. we have to find out who created this mess." M. Kim sighed.

"Do you have anyone in mind?" Jake asked curiously.

"I do.. actually.. it might be my eldest son.. he is acting strange ever since Sunghoon took over the business. I tried to make him understand that this business is for Sunghoon's parents and not mine.. so it only makes sense if Sunghoon is the successor." M. Kim explained.

"What? This is my parents business?"

"Yes.. your father worked so hard to make this business be as successful and profitable as it is now.. so when they passed away, I was requested to take their place. I only did it for the sake of M. Park.. and then I decided to give this business to its real owner."

"Hyunjay worked hard to be able to become CEO and take my place.. but he didn't understand that this company belongs to Sunghoon.."

"That reminds me.. he came here last time and was quite rude remember Sunghoon?"

"Now that you mention it... you're right hmm.. I'll find a solution hold on. I can ask the investigators to keep an eye on him."

"Okay.. at least we have a clue for now."

"I really hope it isn't my son though.. I've raised him to be a great person for so long... it doesn't fit his character description... he was always a sweetheart when he was younger, always so open minded. He has changed significantly though."

"I really hope so too.. he might be slightly colder now, but he is still my brother..."  Sunghoon sighed.

"Let's just believe it isn't him.." Jake added earning a nod from M. Kim.

"Anyways tell me about your love story.." M. Kim smiled teasingly.

"Dad.." Sunghoon blushed and so did Jake.

"You make a great couple. I hope this lasts forever."

"Thank you.." Sunghoon smiled widely

Jake felt like a huge weight had been lifted from his shoulders
_____________________________
Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote and comment.

1047 words
💗