IIII. Jalens chapter

Boston, Massachusetts

10:57 am

"but why couldn't you have just told me the truth though? I wouldn't have been mad if you said you were a professional athlete, but why lie Jalen?" Zamoras eyes turned soft, her eyes turned darker and Jalen instantly felt bad. He knew he should've just said the truth when they first met, but he couldn't help himself, dealing with so many heartbreaks, he wanted Zamora to see her for him and not someone on Sundays.

   "You're right, I should have told you the truth but I just wanted you to see me for me, who I represent not someone you see on the tabloids and the rumors. I've never been a guy who loves to be in the spotlight, I love keeping to myself and Boston lets me do that. And I met you and you just sparked something in me that hasn't been sparked in a long time Zamora and I apologize truly I do." her eyes turned glossy, but she kept her thin lined smile. "I accept your apology, but it's just hard especially after that fact I opened up to you. I get it, you're an athlete and all athletes cheat whether you like it or not."

Jalen knew what Zamora was actually talking about, all his friends openly admitted to having affairs with different girls in different states, and it was not fair at all. He never felt like he could possibly cheat on someone he loved, and be so open and honest about it. Jalen came from class, and Zamora held herself accountable, but held herself to a higher standard.

"I'm not a cheater, all of my relationships did end worst then I wanted it to be, but none of it wasn't my fault. Football did play a big picture in the fact that none of my relationships worked though."

"How so?"

"Traveling, football, I always wanted a girl who genuinely could have a life outside of our relationship. The whole imma support my man speech and cater to his needs is overplayed, of course yeah women who love to cook, I adore that but don't make it your personality that you like to clean and only cook, and just pop out kids it kinda makes them look ditzy." The whole speech, surprised Zamora, she didn't expect Jalen to be so bitterly honest.

she sighed. "My last relationship, I just didn't expect myself too love him as much as I did and when I thought I was going to marry him, he cheated on me. It was the worst experience I could've ever felt, and till this day it hurts me to even bring up his name or see a picture of him." Jalen, could see the sadness in her eyes and saw how every time she talked her voice cracked.

"You can't be afraid of love, it only hurts you in the end Zamora and I don't want to ever hurt you."

They looked at each other and both had hope in their eyes. Zamora felt something with Jalen, and so did he. This entire weekend was built on spending more time with each other and getting to know each other better, with him being famous she knew she had to come clean once and for all.

"Jay, I- have to come clean. My brother is Jayson Tatum, my name is Zamora Tatum." She blew out air, and Jalen just sat there in complete silence.

No wonder.

Her smile, her face everything about her she looked just like him. The way she acted, the way she laughed, he just didn't know how to pin point who she looked like.

"but he never mentioned you, I knew he had a sister but never ever showed me a picture of you." Zamora frowned at her brother's antics, she never knew he was that secretive about their bond, and never knew she didn't tell anyone or showed anyone what she looked like.