What a Way to End a War

I walked around the burrow preparing. Harry had been cited and we were headed to Hogwarts where we would meet a partner of Harry. I ran to Fred and George as we prepared to leave. I made sure my wand was secure in my pocket. 

I had on loose jeans and a black compression, I thought about changing but there wasn't time. I threw on my trainers and stood by Fred. George and Taurus walked over both looking a little sick. I glanced at the mantle one more time.

 The picture of Fred proposing was there. It replayed me open-mouthed at the camera and Fred winking as he slipped the ring on my finger. I watched Fred swing me around in a hug before it started over with me staring at the camera. 

I shook my head and gripped Fred's hand. We appereated the Hogsmeade and the bartender at the Hogheads let us in through a portrait. Fred led me through the tunnel, and then as I was the last he helped me down. 

I put my hands on his shoulders and he placed his on my hips lowering me to the ground. We stood for a moment just staring at each other. In my heart I was terrified. This was war but Fred's smile had rarely dropped. He grinned at me and I smiled back. 

Standing on my toes I kissed his chapped lips--always chapped. He sported a goofy grin as George and Taurus pulled us along. We followed behind Bill and Charlie. 

Charlie came straight here when we caught wind of the end battle coming. I liked Charlie. He was funny but you could tell he had a soft side. Fred held my hand the entire time. We exited the tunnel and reached the doors.

"Square up," a voice said. It sounded like me and when I looked at Fred, he looked a little guilty. I stood in the back one hand holding Fred's hand and the other fidgeting with my wand.

"You still have a bit of a security problem Professor," the person in the front waved her black wand and the doors busted open. 

We stepped through and if we weren't in the middle of a war, I'd say we looked really cool. Harry yelled at the professor and I was impressed. Snape drew his wand and I raised mine, off instinct. 

McGonagall stepped in front of Harry, and I didn't hold back my grin. I squeezed Fred's hand tighter. I smiled as McGonagall dueled him. Snape fled and McGonagall took the role she was designed for, headmistress. 

A raspy voice banged on my head. I let go of Fred's hand to clutch my head. 'Bring me, Harry Potter,' was the only thing I caught.

"What are you waiting for someone grab him," said Parkinson. I rolled my eyes. Ginny stepped in front of Harry, then Estella, then Ron and Hermione, and then we all did. I jumped as Filtch ran into the hall.

"Students out of bed, Students out of bed!" He yelled. McGonagall looked on her last nerve and I didn't blame her.

"They are supposed to be out of bed you blithering idiot," she said. The girl next to me and I smirked. I looked over and saw almost a carbon copy of myself. I looked her up and down.

"Kaitlyn?" I asked, my eyes wide. She nodded.

"Lyra," she recalled. I nodded and jumped at her, I hugged my big sister. Tears burned at the back of my eyes. My face hurt from the smile I sported. She hugged me tightly.

"I've missed you, oh, I'm engaged," I said in a spur decision. I lifted my hand to show her the small plastic orange and purple ring Fred gave me. She looked at it and then she smiled at me. Her lips smiled but her eyes were sad.

"Oh, that's lovely. To whom?" She asked. I felt heat rise in my cheeks. 

"Fred Weasley, I-I love him," I said, still getting the hang of saying it.