we should make out.

Some obnoxious dubsteb beat was blaring through the venue,

'I'm feelin' nauseous from the freefall..'

It was like the lyrics were taunting him as red, pink and turquoise lights illuminated Johnnie, a backlight shining through his hair and casting his visible form in dark shadow.

'I'm seeing three of everything, can't shuffle my feet.'

Jake usually isn't really a 'lyrics' man per se but the irony still is not lost on him, he's had at least three too many shots and his inhibitions are loosening with every moment. The candy lights are making him sick with the desire to touch his friend. This desire would usually make him feel worse but his senses are drowned out.

Some dude is talking to Johnnie not even two feet away but he can't hear over the beat drops, Johnnie keeps looking back at him with an odd smile, he feels taunted. He probably shouldn't.

Jake really wants to touch Johnnie.

Memories of the other man falling asleep on him in that stupid fucking tent, in that stupid motel... Fuck... he can't help but feel like he's laid some claim on the other.

The dude talking to him has green eyes that shine in a sinister manner from the now neon pink club lights. The other guy's eyes have been lingering a little too long on the emo man's neck and Jake is fucking pissed. The guy hasn't done anything but he's pissed.

Jake is the one who's spent countless hours in the hospital with the other man, he's the one that almost fucking died in the same stupid haunted house with Johnnie - okay, maybe that's an overreaction but he's drunk alright?

He's the one that's spent endless nights cuddled up on the couch with his friend. He's the one that's been fantasizing about him for the past few days (for the last year).

What right does this asshole have to hit on Johnnie?

"C'mon Johnnie." He interrupts the two after getting another sidelong glance from the emo man - still unsure of what it means - and grabs the smaller's cold tattooed wrist to drag him up the steps.

"Huh?" Johnnie questions but goes along with it anyways, they're both too drunk to really care about the location of their intoxicated state.

"Wassup?" The smaller tries again in the darkness of the room, the whites of his eyes stand out in the low light - outlined by stark eyeshadow. Jake wonders if it's weird to notice that.

"Nothin', it looked like bro was bothering you." There's an edge to jus voice that he can't quite get rid of.

"I mean... he kept looking at my tits." Johnnie has such a straight face while saying the phrase and the taller man bursts out laughing, he can't help it.

"I-" There's a lot of wheezing involved, "Dude, he's looking at your neck."

Johnnie brings a hand up to the massive choker adorning him at the same time that Jake brings a hand up over the expensive chunk of metal. The emo surprisingly leans into the touch.

"Ahh.." He seems to be pondering the idea, "Still weird."

"Yeah, he was real fuckin' weird." Johnnie laughs in between drunken hiccups at the comment, Jake's tone is amusing okay? He sounds angry with the other guy in a weird distorted way.

Jake can tell that his friend is about to shrug the hand off or change the subject but he really doesn't want to let go of the physical contact.

Shadows are bathed in a sapphire hue, some odd sense of deja vu threatens his senses but he doesn't let it take over, he doesn't give a fuck about that freaky ass house or the damn motel. He cares about here and now,