The Bar

Violet normally wasn't one to go out with friends, but her roommate had been begging her for days to go out partying with her. She finally caved to her requests, and now stood in front of her floor-length mirror inspecting the short black dress she had on. It showed a little more skin than she was used to, but it made her feel sexy nonetheless. She smiled at herself. It was nice to dress up for once. She usually spent her time lounging around in a t-shirt and sweatpants, wanting to be comfortable at all times when it came to her schoolwork.

   She brushed her hair over her shoulder as her roommate walked out the bathroom.

   "Wow, you look so cute!" She exclaimed.

   "Awh, thank you Bella, so do you," Violet smiled. Her roommate wore a similar dress in blue. The girls collected their things and left the dorm to walk to the bar.

   When they arrived, the first thing Violet did was take a seat at the bar and order herself a drink. The sooner she was drunk, the faster the time would pass. Bella came behind her with two shots in her hand. "You spoil me," Violet said. She laughed and they threw back their shots. The deep burning in her stomach gave her a rush. It was almost comforting. She observed the people around them. One couple was grinding on each other rather inappropriately on the dance floor while a group of rowdy frat guys chugged beers in the corner. What she didn't expect to see was her criminology professor seated in one of the corner booths at the back of the bar. He was with a group of people she didn't recognize, but a majority of them looked a decent bit older than him. She shifted her attention to the soft hand that had just landed on her shoulder.

   "Let's go dance!" Bella exclaimed. Now that her buzz had kicked in, she was ready. She grabbed her roommates hand and followed her out to the dance floor. They danced for a while until curiosity got the best of Violet. She turned her head to see if Dr. Reid was still there, but he wasn't anywhere to be seen. Interesting.

   "Hey! I think I'm gonna go get another drink from the bar," Violet called over the crowd. Bella gave her a thumbs up and disappeared into the crowd. She made her way to the bar and ordered herself a sweet drink. She sipped on it delightfully until she was rudely interrupted by a voice.

   "Y'know, that's probably gonna give you a killer hangover tomorrow."

   Of course it would be him. Why wouldn't it be him. She rolled her eyes and turned towards the voice. "Doctor." She took another sip from her drink while she looked at him dead in the eyes. She could tell if she wasn't too careful, his eyes would consume her. He looked down at her with a smirk on his lips.

   "Bancroft," he murmured. He swirled the drink in his glass and took a sip of his own. "Aren't you a little too young to be drinking?" He looked at her with a quirked eyebrow.

   Violet narrowed her eyes at him. "I'm 21, you asshole." He didn't like that. He put his cup down on the bar and stared her down. The hairs on the back of her neck rose in fear. Oh shit.

   "What did you just call me?" He snapped. He looked down at her with anger boiling beneath his eyes. She curled in on herself. His towering height was intimidating her more than she'd like to admit.

   "Asshole," she whispered. He narrowed his eyes at her.

   "Say it louder," he growled out through his teeth.

   Violet looked up at him through her eyelashes. "Asshole." She smirked as she said it this time. It was kind of funny to be calling her professor an asshole to his face. He was displeased by this though and took a step towards her.

   The smirk was wiped off her face, though, when a warm hand snaked up the back of her neck and held her in place. Dr. Reid leaned in close to her ear. "Disrespectful brat," he spat. He tightened his hold on her neck. Her eyes fluttered shut at the feeling. "Apologize." She gulped.