I hate you! I love you...W.M (angst? Fluff?)

MALE READER
It's worth the read tho you can change the gender if you like.
Word count: 2417
—————————////////

In the kitchen, Wanda is stood silently, stirring a pot of Sokovian food as she thinks to herself. Her head ascends as you walk in and her eyes narrow.

"Why is it you who keeps bothering me? Haven't you had enough?"

Wanda asks, her Sokovian accent still prominent despite spending the past month around only Americans.

Fact is, Wanda despised you. You had tried to help her multiple times, wishing perhaps there would be a chance for a vulnerable conversation. Each time, Wanda would shut you down and walk away. This time was no different.

"I just came to get some food" you grab an apple then walk out and up to your room sitting on your bed reading.

Wanda rolls her eyes and goes back to stirring the pot. She was making borscht which wasn't actually that difficult. She just had to pay attention to what she was doing, that was the difficult part. She hated paying attention...

It wasn't long until you heard a tap at your door.

"Come in" you shout reading,  the half eaten apple in your hand as you continue to eat it.

The door opens as Wanda opens the door with a little bit of a grunt before she steps into your room. She crosses her arms and looks at you. No smile, no friendliness. Just pure disdain.

"Did you really just come to get food?"

"Yeah I've accepted you'll either come talk to me when your ready and comfortable or you just won't" you say mainly focused on the book your reading more than the witch leant against your doorway.

The idea of Wanda talking to you on her own accord seemed more like fiction than fact. She clearly didn't like you at all for a variety of reasons. She just huffs for a moment, crossing her arms in front of her.

"Then why do you keep coming here? Don't you feel awkward knowing I don't like you?"

"No many people don't like me so" you say with a shrug unbothered by the witches questioning.

That seemed to surprise Wanda. She tilted her head slightly, taking a step forward.

"Most people don't like you? I... I find that difficult to believe. You seem likable."

"Well I guess most people means Hydr- wait did you just say that I seem likeable?"  You say the last part with a smug smile painting your face.

Wanda raised an eyebrow at you as you spoke. Had she just complimented you? No. Surely not...

Still, Wanda let out an annoyed huff and crossed her arms again. She seemed to not want to admit what you were trying to get at.

"Maybe..." She grumbled

"Well thank you maximoff, you seem pretty likeable under that hard exterior as well" you say enjoying the fact that's she's annoyed.

Those words hit Wanda different, she wasn't used to hearing compliments. Especially from the likes of you. Her eyes widened slightly at the use of her last name. She was still a little annoyed but you managed to get a smirk from her.

"Shut the hell up."

"Whatever you suits you" you shrug and continue to read.

Wanda was about to leave your room when another thought occurred to her. You had read a lot. Why not ask you about a book or something?

"Uh... do you mind if I ask you something?"

"Mhm" you mumbled continuing to read confused on why the witch was conversing with you but you let it play out.