FIFTEEN.

It took a mere hour since the incident for Y/n was soaking in the bath; body exhausted and mind overwhelmed by all that had happened. Of course; he was happy he had succeeded in what he had intended to do, but what did this mean for Theo? Would he simply..not appear—not be associated with Angelina any longer?

And about Aristidis..

Y/n sank deeper into the water, and the small ripples lapped over his face. His neck—specifically, where the mark was—tingled slightly. His cheek had a faint feeling; ever since Aristidis's blood stained hands had grazed it, his touch had lingered there.

How was he feeling in general? Hopelessly in love, yes. Slightly relaxed now that he had time to stall—his death wasn't definite now. And towards Angelina..?

Guilty.

Of course, there was a slight feeling of resentment Y/n still felt, but other than that? He had seen the hurt and shock cross her face—he had seen how betrayed she had been. Angelina had wanted things to go back to the way it was.

But what if Y/n wasn't in her past?

And now that he was pondering over this, what would happen if he would be sent back? Aristidis, as Iris claimed, would forget him. The world would reset back to what it was previously—could Y/n allow that?

All things considered how things were in this life than his previous one.

Y/n shivered; and the water sloshed around him, dragging him out of his thoughts. He feels chilled to the bone; but tens of minutes isn't enough to truly plan. There was a nagging thought in the back of his mind, and Y/n wondered who exactly Iris was.

A god, as she claimed. But that could be a lie. She had proved herself to have some sort of a lying habit; as well as viewing herself to be on a...higher plane from other people. A superiority complex, put in simpler terms. She seemed so adamant on him freeing the characters; but why? She had no emotional connection to them, so..

Unless freeing them would mean she would be freed..

Y/n shook his head.

That was a ludicrous thought. He had to be satisfied with what he had now.

His injuries stung, and Y/n let out an instant hiss. His cheek; where he had been slapped—had swelled up considerably. For a moment, he felt gratification that those kidnappers..had been killed.

There would be an ugly mark left, and of course—a whirlwind of rumors surrounding him soon. As if there wasn't already enough. Y/n had caught wind of them as he had stumbled up the academy stairs.

"I heard him and Lady Angelina got into a fight. Poor thing. She has no one to rely on now.."

"Well, isn't the Prince furious? It was true. He really cares for Young Master Livio."

Did any of that matter? Mouths were expected to be loose. Especially in a society as vicious as nobility—especially in such a school where only the finest of students attended—the most intelligent, the richest.

Y/n stepped up, his wet hair clinging on to his neck. Livio had annoyingly long hair; well—not that long, but much longer than his own from the past. The end could nearly reach his shoulders. He quickly had a change of clothes—drying his hair with a towel and washing his face.

His footsteps were heavy as he plopped on the luxurious comfort of the bed; heaving a long, deep sigh. Come to think of it, just how was he even surviving in school? He barely knew what was happening during the lectures—he didn't even know how to channel the mana he knew Livio possessed..Y/n didn't expect transmigration to be that hard.