SEVENTEEN.

comment as it would really motivate me! and fret not for addiction shall be updated tomorrow ^^

"Stay calm," Y/n said in a quivering voice, trying to adjust his legs in a way that wouldn't further worsen the bleeding, "don't move. We'll—we'll figure something out. I promise."

He let out a quiet hiss as a thorn ripped through his skin, sending a stream of blood cascading down. Angelina let out a startled sound as she furrowed her eyebrows. A bead of sweat dropped from her cheek—she was obviously extremely stressed.

"Why are you so prone to injury?" She tried to keep her voice light, but it was strained—"you should be the one to stay calm. Does it hurt terribly?"

Because of the fucking system.

"Only a little," Y/n answered through gritted teeth, knowing full well himself it was a lie, "I didn't know there would be an attack today. Definitely not on my agenda. Definitely isn't how I want to die."

"Don't joke about dying!" Angelina said, upset—"see! You are always getting into trouble!"

"Right, right.."

Y/n tried not to let the pain show on his face. Everything was burning. It felt like there were trails of fire patterning up his leg; breathing flames down to the very bones of his body. Was there poison infused in the vines? How annoyingly treacherous.

And besides that one little thing, there was also Aristidis to think about. Y/n was very sure that the Prince would plot murder after this. /n knew his possessive nature very, very well.

What is that?

There was a slight shimmering effect near the base of the vines, where they connected to the floor.

The source.

Drawing on his quick thinking and knowledge from the game, Y/n realized that vines like these usually derived their power from their source, which in this case—might be a magical gem or core. If he could find and destroy it, there was a chance he could weaken or even break the hold the vines had on him.

Summoning his last reserves of strength, Y/n managed to reach for a thorn—and through closing his eyes—he painstakingly ripped it off. With a swift and focused movement, he stabbed it into the ground, right where the vines seemed to originate. A magical gem, pulsating with dark energy, was embedded in the floor.

The moment the dagger connected with the gem, the vines loosened their grip. Taking advantage of the opportunity, Y/n tore himself free and stumbled back, panting heavily. The vines, now disconnected from their power source, withered away into lifeless twigs.

At least now, he was disconnected from it.

But that wouldn't help his worsening injury.

The vines let go of Angelina too—and she stumbled away from it, relieved. Her body had nicks and cuts from the vines, and she was pale.

"Your—your wounds, Brother.."

"I'm fully aware," Y/n said shortly, breathing in and out shakily, "but we just need to avoid the culprits. This can be treated."

"I'm not sure—they are everywhere. We might not be so lucky. We can't stay here," Angelina said, her voice urgent. "Let's find a place to hide and tend to your injuries. There might be more attackers lurking around, and we need to be cautious."

Y/n nodded, wincing as he tried to put weight on his injured leg. Together, they carefully made their way down the corridor, away from the scene of the attack. The academy was in chaos, with students and faculty members rushing in all directions, trying to understand what was happening.