TWENTY FOUR.

"...What?" The woman before Y/n released a soft sound in disbelief, "you have to be kidding me. What even.."

Y/n hugged himself, retreating back. He was threatened by the sudden appearance of the stranger in front of him; and even more bewildered by the strange situation he seemed to be in.

What's happening? His mind was jumbled, why am I..?

His clothes were foreign. His voice felt weird; too strained and trembling. His heart pounded against his chest and Y/n's head swirled.

Even his emotions were going haywire.

He didn't recognise the girl in front of him: but he felt...some sort of fondness. A strange kind of love he didn't seem to understand. To Y/n, this feeling was new. Had he ever felt such a deep love for someone? Such a deep..

"But you aren't physically hurt," She whispered, "oh heavens. What could have happened to you? Why are you in such a state?"

Y/n glanced at her attire. Why was she dressed so extravagantly? Why was she dressed to the nines? Was this some sort of prank? Some sort of cosplay? And was that concern etched on her face? Y/n had never, never seen such an emotion displayed on someone so openly. His mother had always expressed her love with a tight behave well, Y/n!

"You're trembling all over. Your suit is stained. Who.." Her voice trembled, "do you really not remember me? I'm Angelina. Your sister."

"I don't have a sister," Y/n swallowed.

"But—" Her hand reached out towards him, but stopped halfway— "heavens. What will the prince say to this?"

Y/n stilled. Even the mere mention of whoever the prince was sent butterflies in his stomach. A strong; very powerful love inched its way to his heart—just at the sound of him. This was more than the bright fondness he felt for Angelina; this was..

Love.

Care.

Desire.

Certainly at one point, or even now, Y/n had felt something for him..

"Do you remember him?" Angelina asked hopefully, seeing how Y/n's face scrunched up, "he's your—your lover. I—he loves you very much, Livio. He'll be devastated to hear this. This is a nightmare! How did this.."

It felt like a vital piece of his life was forcibly torn from him. Y/n didn't know what to say. How to react. It was obvious his memories were lost. But everything was so hazy.

Who was the prince?

Who was Livio? Him?

Who was Angelina? His sister?

Breathing became difficult, and Y/n had to cough; blood spilling from his lips. It tasted metallic on his tongue and Y/n felt an incessant throbbing in his head, threatening to burst. His face was pale and his hands clammy, as tears threatened to leak from his eyes.

He felt so confused.

So disoriented.

So overwhelmed.

"Calm down, Y/n." A sweet voice rang in his head—who was that?

He wanted someone.

He wanted..a stranger?

"I don't know anymore," Y/n whispered shakily, rocking himself back and forth and bringing his head to his knees, "stop asking me questions. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know anything, so please stop."