TWENTY ONE.

I have published all the way to 27— so you can continue to read on! That said, comments are always appreciated ^^

Thankfully, it was peaceful for a few weeks. Angelina must have told Elliot to avoid Y/n—for in those three weeks, Y/n did not seem to have seen the knight at all. Well, all was well. Angelina and Aristidis were at least making an effort to go along well with each other. Y/n was thankful to see this.

Hm..come to think of it, isn't the next event coming up soon?

The carnival was coming up. [Blinding Lights] took place there.

Y/n had totally ignored the system notification that had appeared. A bad ending as a penalty, it had said. Y/n couldn't care less. Whatever it was, it still had yet to happen, and just what could a bad ending mean? Truth to be told, Y/n was simply tired of playing along to Iris's little petty tricks.

Whatever it is, Y/n wondered as he popped a chocolate into his mouth, I won't let it destroy my moments of peace and relaxation.

Thankfully, after so many injuries had happened, Y/n was excused from attending school for a month. Which was a little overkill, but his father had sent a four page long letter detailing his experiences—which did sound quite brutal and traumatizing. So the last few weeks had been spent lazing around in his family manor, expecting a visit from his father. His overprotective father, who technically wasn't his father.

There was a knock on the door. Y/n glanced at from the trashy novel he was reading: I escaped the Emperor's advances, and now he's after me! Quite the fitting description for his life, he had realized. Now it was the matter of whether this ended well.

It was a funny part he was reading now. Right in front of the numerous people, the Emperor had asked for permission for a date, in which the servants behind had squealed and giggled. The main character's father had been left stunned.

This doesn't even happen in real life, anyways.

"Young Master," A shaky, trembling voice called him, "Lord Aragon has summoned you to his office."

Y/n blinked his eyes at the scared maid in front of him. Was he that scary? Why did she seem so terrified?

"All right," Y/n replied, "and thank you," He offered a light smile, "there's no need to be nervous. I won't bite."

She was a new maid. It seemed the previous one got sacked after she had insulted Lady Angelina.

"Oh, thank you!" She said—way too dramatically, if you asked Y/n—"you are truly not like what the rumors say, oh, I knew they were just exaggerating—" She blabbered on and on.

Y/n raised a hand out, stupefied.

"Sorry...? Pardon? What did you just say?"

"Oh, you know!" The maid said enthusiastically, "the rumors!"

"What..no. I don't. I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh," The maid gushed, "the one who captured the heart of the cruel crown prince. The one who melted away at the prince's wall. The elegant, aloof lord who managed to..." She went on and on.

Y/n cast a look at the novels hidden under his blanket. The one who broke the frozen prince's heart, one was titled.

..Come to think of it, those books seemed to have very..familiar characters...

Please don't be what he thought it was..

"There's a publisher who now publishes novels based after the prince and you!" She exclaimed, "hm. I don't know why, but they disappeared. But one of them is titled "I escaped the emperor's advances, and now he's after me!"