1

══════ ・ 。゚☆: *

══════ 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ══════

you lie onto your bed, contemplating if you should go to the school festival tomorrow. You've been dying to go but suna asked you to come with him and his friends to watch a movie weeks before and you agreed. Suna was one of your best friends, so you'd feel bad for ditching.

"I want to go to both. But that's not even possible." You settled on the festival because you didn't know his friends very well.

"Y/n~ mail." Your mom entered your room and threw you the letter, landing right next to you.

She left as quickly as she came.

"Huh?" You usually never got mail. Your friends just shot you a text or call. But regardless, you opened it carefully.

The writing on the envelope was distrustful. It looked way too similar to yours.

dear y/n,

how have you been? i know how this may sound, but i am you only 10 years into the future. and i need you to do me a big favor.

you immediately closed the letter, having to process what you just saw. "huh?! Thats me? In the future? How is this even possible. This has to be a prank."

You continued to read even though you didn't fully believe it.

i am hoping this letter reached you in your second year of highschool. I made a lot of mistakes at that time, and have many regrets. I have written every single thing that happened on each day and I need you to listen to it. Dont make the same mistakes I did.

Please, do not lose miya atsumu again.

And I know how you are. You won't believe this. I wouldn't have either. But I'm hoping these letters convince you other wise.

This letter was very enticing, but suspicious.

"Miya...atsumu." You pondered. You decided to read the first chronicle, just to prepare yourself for what the future held.

_______________
April 15, 2012.
you chose to go to the festival and not with suna.

On this day, you accidentally ruin atsumu's assignment and he gets embarrassed in front of the class. You choose to talk to the teacher afterclass, but do it during class. raise your hand and take the embarrassment from him.
_______________

"Okay this has to be real. There's no way."

There was no way someone knew this and wrote a prank letter to you. If anyone wrote this, it was definitely your future self. Okay, go to the festival and take the blame and embarrass yourself?

you decided to just explain to suna before class, because you didn't want to flake on him AND last minute.

"I'm sorry, i can't go that day. I have plans for the school festival," you explained to suna before class started.

"It's fine. Are you going with someone?" He stared into your eyes, watching you avoid eye contact.

"Yeah, me and some girls." You lied.

"Okay, have fun."

"Y/n, the bell already rang, get to class." Suna's expression remained the same as usual. If you didn't know him for a long time, you would've thought he was upset.

You huffed, speed walking over to your classroom, class 2-4. You had 2 minutes until class officially started. That was until you bumped into someone, knocking over their drink.

"Oh no, I'm so sorry, uh..." you looked over to read his name as you crouched down to grab the stuff. He just stood there in anguish.

His paper was stained with red.

His nametag read: Miya atsumu.

Fuck. It's his assignment.

"....miya" you attempted to hand him his spilled drink, even though it had nothing left. However, the paper could not be recovered.

He just groaned. "Watch where you're going next time, l/n. And don't call me miya. It's atsumu." You cursed yourself in your head.

It really was happening. There's goes my first impression on atsumu. And crap, he's cold.

You threw the can out and headed back to class. Atsumu is in my class now.

"Hey y/n, I heard atsumu's grades improved so much they decided to move him to this class." your classmate tugged on your jacket to whisper to you. He was in the front and you were in the middle. But on opposite ends.

You kept staring at him from the other side of the classroom, which he must've felt because he instinctively turned around to look at you. You quickly looked away.

He kept his cold demeanor with an icy glare.

"Everyone, turn in your research paper, please." The teacher projected her voice. You felt bad, unsure if you were going to follow through with the letter. You guessed that if you didn't, you and atsumu would set off on the wrong foot.

Everyone passed it over to the front of the classroom, to the teacher. She shuffled around the papers for about 5 minutes while everyone sat in silence.

"Ahem, miya? Where is your paper?" The teacher called out in front of everyone. Atsumu's eyebrows were tense.

"It got destroyed."

Everyone began whispering. Some guys were laughing, even. Realization hit you and you realized it wasn't about starting on a good note, it was about saving him from this awkward embarrassment.

Atsumu's self esteem took a blow, and he lowered his gaze to the floor. He didn't have friends in this class.

If I speak now, I'll be humiliated.

"I know it's your first day, but I let you know in advance. Late work loses 10 points automatically. You cannot get a 100 even if it's outstanding."

"I know" he muttered under his breath. Some guys and girls started giggling.

You raised your trembling hand, bracing yourself for what was about to happen. Every bone in your body told you not to, but if this letter was sent to you from the future, atsumu must be someone special.

The other part of you was asking who cared, not like you knew him right now.

"Yes, l/n?"

"I bumped into atsumu this morning and spilled something on his paper, it's my fault." You almost shit yourself. Everyone turned to look at you, including atsumu. You didn't dare to make eye contact with anyone though.

"Are you just one of his fangirls or is this the truth?" The teacher asked. At this point, other kids were laughing and all the attention was removed from atsumu.

You had to cover your face from how embarrassed your were. Your ears were heating up. "Fuck."  What is wrong with her.

"Alright, I'll let it slide for now. But next time no covering up for him."

Atsumu began to feel bad for his cold attitude. He didn't expect you to stand up for him.

"Y/n, why'd you do that? Do you actually like him?" The boy in front of you turned around.

"No, it actually happened."

You were cursing the letters out at this point. You felt bad, but wasn't sure if you liked being embarrassed in place of him. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck