Chapter 11: Just Maybe

Author POV

"My~ They really did a number on her." Shalltear examined Ai's limp body filled with bullets. Kneeling down.

Mikey left with Hina to go join Draken and Takemichi he told Izana that he would contact him again another day. Izana stayed to see what Shalltear had to say. "She....was protecting Kakucho...and myself...."

Shalltear looked at the distraught boy. She sighed smiling and getting up to face him.

"You're Izana correct? The one in a contract with my Student." Shalltear asked Izana nodded. "Then come, touch her hand."

Izana confused did as he was told gently picking up and cupping Ai's cold hand. He wanted to cry again, but his eyes widened seeing the Spider Lily symbol appear on his hand.

"Now do you see....There might still be some hope." Shalltear said placing a hand on Izana's shoulder. "Unlike Humans Vampires have an emergency shut down system. This is why at times vampires sleep for thousands of years to heal critical wounds."

"B-but she was shot by Silver bullets! It's lethal? And I-I told her to get rid of the contract!" Izana said and Shalltear chuckled.

"Then let me do you a favour." As her eyes glowed she used her powers removing the bullets and poisoning from Ai's bloodstream. "She's smart, she shut down so the poison didn't spread too far. And she re linked the two of you as a last ditch effort"  Izana realized he could taste iron in his mouth...it was when she kissed him.

Izana watched as Shalltear disintegrated the silver. Shalltear then looked at him and opened his mouth. "Hmm.....she's been giving you her blood right?"

"Y..yeah?" Izana said. Normally he would push someone off if they did this to him, but this woman was giving him a ray of hope.

"Then, how many nights do you spend together?" Shalltear asked and Izana blushed. "Did you spend any on a special moon?"

"U...umm yeah...twice on special moons...." Izana said honestly and Shalltear smirked.

"That's good, but you need more of her blood." Reaching into her pocket Shalltear pulled out a vial of red liquid.  "This is Ai's blood. But with a bit of sorcery it should have double the effect." She handed it to Izana.

"When you drink this, you can save her as a half-vampire. All you need to do is bite her and inject your own blood into her." Shalltear said.

"Wha...but She didn't drink any of my blood earlier.." Izana said.

"It's not just your blood you'll be giving her. But Half-vampires have a very nutritious venom in their fangs. Lethal to humans, to help you hunt. But Vital to vampires, especially pure-breeds like Ai. That Venom will allow her to heal." Shalltear explained and Izana nodded. It didn't matter anymore that's all he needed to hear. Looking down at the ravenette he loves dearly he made up his mind.

"I'll do it." He said determined. Shalltear smiled standing up.

"And while you're at it I'll heal this boy for you."

"You can do that?" Izana asked.

"It's an easy job. Also, if you didn't realize it this boy is a rare species. It's the first time in my life ever seeing an actual successful offspring of Vampire and human. Though his Vampire side seems to be dormant. With a little awakening he'll be better in no time." Shalltear said removing the silver bullet from Kakucho as well. "It was also thanks to his vampiric nature being dormant he survived the silver bullet." She noticed the necklace Ai was wearing and took the capsule out of it she poured it's contents in Kakucho's mouth.