Fifteen

Vance stood there, angrily staring at Finney as he tried to muster up any argument against what Finney had said. He couldn't though, because Finney was right. He didn't always have to fight with his fists, he didn't always have to be so closed off, and all the anger and feelings that Vance was feeling was just being held in.

Finney sighed, "if you don't want to talk to me, talk to Alice, talk to Michelle."

"I can't," Vance sighed as he backed off from Finney. "Michelle's just so...distant now. She's always with someone, talking to them about everything. I just feel like she doesn't want me there anymore," he rubbed his face softly, trying to hold back tears that he wished he could control, "and Alice.. I barely know her. I mean yeah, she cool and I can clearly trust her, but still."

Finney frowned, thinking for a moment. It was clear Vance holding back a whole storms worth of emotions, and all it was taking was one little crack for it to all come out. "Here, I've got an idea," Finney spoke up, "after school meet me in the library, okay?"

Vance looked at him as if he had spoke another language to him. The library? Really? He could understand if Finney wanted him to go to Michelle's apartment to talk, but why the library? The school's library too! "Okay..." Vance said hesitantly.

***

The library situation wasn't what Vance was expecting. Granted, he wasn't sure what he was expecting. He sat with a blank piece of notebook paper in front of him, Finney sitting at his side with a book. Finney had suggested that he write his feelings down, as best he could, while Finney read.

Of course it took Vance a second to agree to it. He didn't like the thought of spilling his thoughts and feelings—whatever the were—onto a page, let alone being in the library with Finney Blake. But Finney hadn't done him any wrong the past two or so weeks. Vance was honestly very mixed on it. "So I just..write my feelings down?" Vance asked, for what had been the third time already.

"Yes, Vance," Finney said affirmatively, still reading his own book. "Or explain what happened to you in the past few weeks. It's not like anyone's gonna read it," he informed Vance, but he was super curious. Vance wouldn't mind if he took a peek after he left, right?

Vance just huffed, starting to write down different thoughts and moments about the last weeks or two. When he got bored of writing or nervous to write certain things down he'd scribble in the corner, or draw different things. Though, as he got into the groove of writing, the whole page was filled with the messy scribbles that Vance called his handwriting. Before he knew it he felt relieved in a way. It's was kinda nice to get it off his chest.

Then he checked the clock. 6:00 pm. Already?! Vance panicked, knowing his father was going to kick the crap outta him. That's right, he was back with his father. His father had ended up decided that he wanted Vance back at home, so he called the cops on Vance.

"I need to go home, Finney," Vance announced quickly, hurrying out of the library without a secondary thought.

Finney watched him, startled by suddenness. He glanced at Vance's paper, curious and tempted. He contemplated on reading it. Like...he had told Vance he wouldn't read it, but he really wanted to know what was up with Vance. Why he had been so weird lately?

His curiosity took over, and Finney grabbed the paper, stuffing it in his pocket. Finney walked out of the library, wondering if he should go home or not. Not that he could though. His father still didn't want to see him, which was becoming the norm lately. His father had been having alcoholic outbursts and it was really having an affect on him and his sister. Thankfully she just stayed with Amy for the time being.

Finney eventually just decided that Robin's uncle's place would be fine. Robin had to go out of state for something after school ended, so it's not like anyone else was going to be there. Except for maybe for Michelle. And he was right. Michelle was there, but she was just sleeping on the couch. And Antonio (I forget if that's his name LOL) just let him in without any question.

Finney hurried to Robin's room, which was peacefully quiet, and sat down on the bed. He held the paper in front of him, beginning to read...

I wish David wasn't so stupid and shitty and everything. If he hadn't hit me I wouldn't be getting asked about it. I wouldn't have to deal with the embarrassment of Bruce and Robin knowing what David's like. How he plays with my hair. How he rambles on about music just like Bruce used to ramble on about violin and baseball.

I miss Bruce. I miss how he made me feel. If it weren't for that bitch Georgia or whatever her name is he'd probably be in my arms. I don't care if I'm jealous, she's a prick, manipulative, and manic. He's cute, even if he's a dick sometimes. If it werent for that bitch I wouldn't be in this situation right now.

I miss playing guitar too...

"That was a quick subject change," Finney mumbled to himself as he continued to read.

...I want to be on stage playing, having fun, hanging out. Not sitting in the crowd with people who are only there to laugh at me. The band was my life as corny as it sounds. And Michelle's been so distant lately. Maybe she's tired, exhausted, angry at me. I just hope I don't leave it off on a bad note with her. I always seem to do that.

That's where it ended off. Finney didn't know how to feel about it. David? Who was that? Was that the dude who had taken Vance in the night his father broke his arm? Why would Vance go from being at his dad's, who hit him, to David, who also hit him?

Questioned raced through Finney's mind, but as he heard talking approaching the door, he hid the note safely.

————————
I'm so tired y'all I had so much homework today since it was the last day of the 6th weeks 😭