CHAPTER EIGHT: yeah.

Tara walked out of the party and the whole group followed. "Tara. Will you stop?" Sam sighed. "I cannot believe you did that! You embarassed me." Tara walked quicker than all of them.. "That guy was a dick. He was gonna take advantage of you."

"No! I was just gonna get a drink and then come back and be with my friend and girlfriend! And even if I wanted to do anything else, it's my decision! It's not about you! I mean, you're out of my life for five years, and then you can't leave me alone for five minutes."

"Because you're not dealing with what happened to us. Have you even gone to see the counselor once?" Sam shouted.  "No, I'm not going to." She scoffed. "Why not?"

"Because I'm uninterested in living in the past like you are." She finally lowered her voice. "What's that supposted to mean?"

"Guys, come on." Chad called out, as they all were getting annoyed by their argument. "It means I'm not gonna let what happened to us for three days define the rest of my life!"

"So you're just gonna pretend it never happened." Sam said. "What are you doing here, Sam? In New York. You're working two shitty jobs to help with rent, whatever, but what's your plan? I know what I'm gonna do. Ok? Because I'm gonna keep going to college, I'm gonna get my degree and I'm gonna live my life. My life. Ok, I know. You just followed me here and you won't let me out of you sight."

"I'm just trying to look out for you." Sam shrugged. "I know. I know you are. But you can't do it for the rest of my life tho. You have to let me go."

"Hey!" Some girl called out and spilled her drink all over Sam's sweater. "Murderer!" She yelled. "What the fuck is wrong with you, bitch? You got a problem with me?"

"You guys should stay away from her. She knows what she did." The girl stated. "I didn't fucking do anything! I'm so sick of this shit."

-

Max changed from her costume and knocked on Tara's door. "I'm gonna go and let you guys chat." Quinn said and left. "Thank you." She said as Max gave her some pills. "Come here."

Max did as Tara told her to and sat next to her girlfriend, who emraced her immediately. "Thank you." Max furrowed her brows. "For what?"

"For not letting me go up that stairs." Max nodded. "Of course. You're my girlfriend and I won't let anything bad happen to you... ever again." She smiled and they were about to kiss, but Quinn interrupted them. "I think I forgot my phone."

They pulled away and looked at the redhead. "Did I cockblock you?" She asked. "What did you say?" Max asked. "I cockblocked you. I cockblocked you, didn't I?" She repeated. "Please stop saying that."

"What did you need?" Tara asked. "My phone." She picked it up. "Don't ever enter a room like that." Tara said. "I'm sorry." Quinn said and Max giggled when she left. She kissed her girlfriend and got up. "I'm gonna go to the others. Take the pills and sober up, please."

Max sat down with her friends on the couch and Tara soon joined them. "I'm standing in front of the apartment, where the mutilated bodies had been found."

"What's going on?" Sam walked in. "Cute boy." Max pointed. "Nice." Quinn nodded. "Their names had just been released by police. Jason Carvey and Greg Bruckner."

"Holy shit, that's that dude from our film studies class. The one obsessed with Argento." Mindy said. "Also found on the scene were various Ghostface costumes popularized by the Stab movie franchise."

"Pack a bag, we leave in ten." Sam said and walked over to the kitchen, to grab the knifes. Tara and Max following her. "Sam! Wait, Sam!"

"We're getting out of the city." She said. "Sam! No. Are you serious? Sam, hold on. No, wait, let's talk abou this for a second. 'Cause this might not have anything to do with us."

"Are you serious?" Sam asked. "It's a big city! It's Halloween, everybody's wearing masks." Tara tried to deny it. "Tara, this isn't a coincidence. You knew him!"

"Barely." She scoffed. "Chad, Mindy, Max, back me up." Sam turned to them. "It is a little bit..." Chad started. "Close to home." Mindy finished the sentence. "Yeah."

 "Quinn, your dad's a cop, right? Can you call him and find out what's going on? Before you make the unilateral decision to abandon our college education and flee the fucking state!"

"I'm calling him now." Quinn put her phone to her ear and waited. "Thank you." Tara said and Sam's phone started ringing, making them all freeze.

"Who is it?" Max asked her and saw Gale Weathers on Sam's phone. "Why did everyone just freak out when her phone rang?"

"You gotta keep up, my dude." Anika shook her head. "Sam?" Quinn stood up. "My dad wants to talk to you." She passed her the phone.

Sam talked to Mr. Bailey on the phone, who told her to come down to the station. She walked out of the apartment and both Tara and Max followed her.