Chapter Twenty Nine: Concert

Tempo High School, Hallway, Present Time

  >The hell was that?< Hensō thought to himself, snapping out of his flashback. >A memory of Yuki?< Hensō snapped back to reality as he realized the time, he should have been in his class five minutes ago. Hensō sighed as he picked up his bag, putting everything away. He walked off in the hallway, heading down the stairs and onto the ground level of the school. He was lucky enough to not run into any other classmates which would make him even more late.

  Hensō made it to his classroom, although he did get lightly scolded by his teacher for being late. Luckily enough, his teacher wasn't the type to talk for the entire class period so the scolding didn't last very long. He went and sat down at his desk, taking out his usual supplies for the class.

—--------------------

Public Bathroom

  Kokori couldn't believe that she was dying her white hair black in a public bathroom of all places. She was lucky to find the bathrooms that are out in the open and can give privacy, so, there was that. She read the instructions for how to dye her hair, how long it should take, and what to use.

  Kokori went and followed the instructions, loosening her hair and removing any clothing that may get in the way, such as her hoodie. The process was tedious since she obviously had never dyed her hair herself before. >Okay... so I have to mix the cream...< "... Then apply to my roots and spread it... Seems easy..." Kokori went and did as the instructions told her, following it through. She applied the dye to the back and sides of her hair first, using the mirror of the bathroom to help her. Although her hair was being difficult since it just didn't seem to want to work with her.

  Although she was a bit frustrated she worked through it and eventually finished the back of her hair and parts of the sides. Kokori then moved on to the top and front of her hair, this was the one that would be easier to reach but frustrating to see how she was doing. Kokori kept doing what the instructions said before and applied the dye. She looked back and forth at the back of her hair, the sides, top and front of her hair. Kokori let the dye settle in with her loose.

  She sat down on the lid of the toilet, waiting for the hair dye to fully set in so she could leave and hopefully not get spotted as easily as she would have if she kept her white hair. Kokori read the box of hair dye she had gotten from the beauty store. Apparently the one she had gotten was temporary, which was no problem for her as she didn't really plan on keeping her black-dyed hair for long. Maybe two or three months from now she would just leave the city or country entirely after things passed by. After all, she was the lowest rated out of the three so was probably the one to be free from suspicion first. For the other two, it wouldn't be as much as Ren was the higher rated assassin, and Ryo, well, he's a talking subject now so it wouldn't be hard for people to forget about them. But maybe if lucky enough, Ren could be free from being a talking subject if enough time had passed. Then again, it would be a bit harder for him than it would be for her.

  Kokori sighed as she placed the box of hair dye into her bag. This entire having to hide from the public thing was much more tiring than it was before. Back then, she didn't really have to worry about being seen in public and being assumed to be the White Vampire. Now with Ryo having to mess things up, having to hide now is much more tiring and energy consuming.

  While waiting, Kokori decided to scroll through her phone, checking any new messages from Ren, or any other assassin. After all, things were getting a bit stale for Kokori nowadays. After finding out that there were no new messages, Kokori went on to social media, wanting to see what's new on the internet and that is where she found it. Kokori found an advertisement for an idol group named 'Starry Skies' "Isn't this the idol group the little energy ball is fond of?" Kokori was thinking of Aimi when she read the advertisement, her voice full of wonder and a bit of feeling like something like this was a bit of a coincidence. Kokori looked up to the ceiling of the bathroom, puffing out her cheeks a bit, thinking to herself. Perhaps she could go to the performance, looking back at the advertisement, the time they would be performing would be 6:40pm on a saturday during spring break. "That's gonna be coming soon..." Kokori looked at the current date, two weeks from now would be when spring break for them comes through. "I just might go..." Kokori whispered to herself, a small smile on her face with a bit of a childish undertone and mixed feelings of going to the concert.