24. The Night We Met

A/n: sorry! No excuses this time, just writers block lmao. Don't worry this isn't abandoned, I have tons of plans for the future just no motivation or time to write lol

ALSO SHAMELESS PROMO, if anyone plays honkai star rail there's an invitation code event so if ur coming back to the game use my code GU48LIDJ6N so i can get jades, i'm saving for boothill cause cowboys r hot

Your mind went blank as you were thrown back onto your bed. All you could think at the moment, was 'What the fuck'? One moment you had been getting ready to sleep, happily anticipating the comfortable covers of the night to take you away from all your problems. Then the next thing you knew, someone had barged through your door as if they were the FBI trying to raid your home.

Confusion buzzed through your mind and paralyzed in the process, unable to find a physical or verbal response when the person brought you into a tight hug. They rushed at you like a bull, their momentum bringing the two of you crashing into the bed. And in your disarray, you just let destiny take its course.

Despite the individual's initial hysterical behavior, once you were in their arms not a single muscle moved, you felt nothing but a firm, tight and slightly desperate grip. Your face was pressed into their chest, cutting your vision off from seeing their identity while also giving you a big whiff of their scent. It felt like you were being squished into a flavor combination of spicy cinnamon, orange and cedar wood. You had to give it to whoever was holding you, even though they suck at approaching women, at least they had a nice taste in cologne.

"Um, excuse me? Can you let go of me?" You tried to say, but your proximity to their chest caused your words to come out as something but mumbles. You knew you should have pushed them away... but something was stopping you.

Perhaps it was due to the fact you've been through so much in the past few days. With how emotionally vulnerable you had been, you were able to find some alikeness between you two. Or maybe it was simply because of how pathetic they appeared in the moment, like a porcupine broken vase, destined to be shattered for the rest of time. Regardless, you hugged the person back slowly.

The two of you stayed like that for a couple of minutes, resting in each other's arms for comfort before they finally spoke.

"I'm sorry..." They said, voice barely above a whisper yet still cracking slightly as they held back their emotions. "I'm sorry. Please take me back. I... I don't want to be alone."

The familiar voice echoed in the room, only for their pleas to be met with silence from you. That voice was easily recognizable to you, reminiscent of the boy that had been on your mind recently, Reo.

"I know- I know I fucked up! Believe me! Our fight has been the only thing on my mind since the first selection ended!" He cried out to you, taking a moment to let out a shaken sigh that hit the back of your neck. "I'm not a good person... but please, take me back. I don't know where else to go... I don't know what else I'll do if I don't have you! This time it will be different, I swear! You can order me around! Once we get out of Blue Lock I'll buy you anything you want! I just- I can't stand this feeling anymore."

Once again, his words were met with silence from you. Hearing your response to his desperate words (or lack thereof), he clung to you tighter. His grip on you was tight like a man holding onto his last bits of life, and your silence to him was like a kiss of death. Why wouldn't you say anything? The silence was killing him, literally, it felt like he was gonna have a heart attack.

"I miss you a lot... please- please just come back to me! I'm so scared... I don't want to be alone. You're the only one here I can rely on, you're the only one I care for. If I don't have you, then what do I have...? Nothing! there's no point! I can't go back to the way I was before I had you or Nagi, I don't want to go back to that meaningless life. Please, can't you understand how much I need you?"