3: Dungeon Experience

—————/ Rimuru POV /—————

I've had a chat with Ciel, and a lot of things didn't make sense with Jinwoo's explanation. When I first saw him, he seemed incapable of hurting even normal animals like cows or horses.

I wonder how many times he's been hospitalised...

But back to what I was thinking, Ciel informed me that hunter tanks are assigned depending on the magic power that they possess. However, their amount doesn't change even if you put your all towards it. For example, a B-Rank will always be a B-Rank. Therefore, what Jinwoo explained to me was rather vague and lacked a proper explanation.

Ciel theorised that Jinwoo may have received power depending on how much effort he put in and the 'experience' gained. Really, really similar to an RPG game. However, the one thing still unanswered is when did this power of his awaken and when did he know how to grow? I think that there's some sort of 'menu' like in most RPGs where you can view your status. Maybe I should ask him about that.

Enough about speculations. Now, Jinwoo has physically improved. He's got all muscly real quick in literal days! This somewhat proves that he's inordinate, and unlike other hunters since even they don't progress like this. I know for a fact I'd see people exercising left and right if this was a genuine strength technique. All he's been doing was pushups, sit-ups, those ordinary exercises people do. It reminds me of a strength-training regiment from some manga.

Anyways, he's getting discharged today so I've decided to leave earlier than him. Me and Ciel decided to stick around him to see how he progresses, since he is truly out of the ordinary and may be related to why I was transported to this world, and next to him to be precise. Could he be a reincarnator?

I walked up to Jinwoo, and he nervously looked at me.

Rimuru: "Hey there Jinwoo! You're getting discharged today as well?"

Jinwoo: "Yes, that's right."

Woah! He sounds so different! His voice is deeper, he's more muscular, taller, handsomer, seriously not like the meek boy that he was before up close. You literally can't tell the difference if you put the past version of him together with his current version. His aura's also larger, I would put him at about C-Rank or maybe B-Rank?

Rimuru: "You've gotten pretty strong lately. What are you gonna do now? Are you going back to the dungeons?"

Jinwoo: "Yeah, I'll need to get more money for me and my family. But I'll head back to my family first."

Rimuru: "Okay, gotcha, so I'd like to maintain a close contact with you. Do you mind contacting me when you go on dungeons? I'd love to go with you."

Jinwoo stutters a little, hesitating to respond. I feel like he might reject my request, seeing that I'm basically just a random person he met in a hospital a couple of days ago.

Jinwoo: "I-I don't really mind, but I'm not gonna be able to call you up all the time."

Rimuru: "Great, here's my number."

I take out a phone manufactured by Ciel from my pocket. I was able to get Ciel to analyse the mobile phones of this world when I went to a tech store. She was able to replicate it to a very similar degree, but with a couple of upgrades of course.

—————/ Jinwoo POV /—————

What the actual hell? I've got an ability that let's me sense other individual's magic power. But I'm not sensing anything at all from Rimuru. Is he concealing his aura? How do you even do that? Does that mean he might actually be an S-Rank that faked his initial rank?