Chapter 27

It was indeed the merchant license that I had received from the merchant association. Elias brought it to me later, when I was in the study. It looked like things were progressing at a steady pace.

The next day, I took Elias, and we made our way towards Mr. Leighet's business establishment. I needed to finalise the acquisition papers and the payment. Due to the sale of potions, I was overflowing with cash, so the expenditure on the building didn't faze me that much. I could say the demands were even higher than before for potions. Lady Nelina was there, and she brought out a paper signed and stamped by her father. I made the payment, and after concluding the business, I received the document that established my ownership of the property.

I thanked them and made our way towards the Meisvil Construction Company.

"Sir, excellent work with the negotiations." Elias praised me.

"Haha, thank you."

We soon reached the familiar building and we went inside and asked for Reuben. The receptionist who recognized me, led us hurriedly towards Reuben's office.

"Ah, it's you. Mathilda told me about your request."

I nodded.

"So, where's the building?"

"It's inside the Meridian market."

"Hmm, I see. And, what would you like us to do this time?"

"I need you to renovate the first three floors of the building to make it easier to place items for display. The fourth floor should be remade into living quarters. And, I'd also like for you to build a workshop in the property and separate living quarters above it or beside it."

"I see. It's a lot of work. Is that workshop for a dwarf?"

"Yes, I will be employing some dwarves."

"I see. In that case, I would like to consult them. Most of them have their own preferences regarding their working spaces so I'd like to take that into account."

"Of course, that'd be a big help."

I gave him the address and he promised to meet us there tomorrow morning. I bid him goodbye and made our way towards the inn the dwarfs were staying at.

"Elias, I would like you to take charge of the construction and development of the building and the workshop. You just have to give me daily reports."

"Of course. I'll do it gladly," he replied bowing.

Once we were inside the inn, we saw Bjorv drinking with a few dwarfs. He called me as soon as I entered the inn. He directed me to sit in a chair next to him. Elias stood behind me.

"I have brought the property. I would like you to come tomorrow and coordinate with the builders to construct the workshop."

"Yeah, yesh of course," He said, his face red.

"Let me introduce you. Guys, he will be our employer."

"Yeahhh," the dwarfs cheered, clinking their mugs filled with beer.

I smiled. At least, they seemed enthusiastic.

"Would you like a beer?"

"Haha, no, it's alright. I still have work left to do."

"So, I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked.

"We'll be there."

I gave him the address and told him to be there by next morning. After that, we made our way back to the estate.

"Please find out the employment rate for dwarves. Do you have any experience in creating employment documents?" I asked Elias.

"Of course, Sir. I'll take care of it."