"Don't know, don't wanna"

DISCLAIMER: The story isn't completed! I will add parts when I have some time, and maybe some parts will be modified as time goes by. This is like a "Beta" version of the whole story but it's still totally readable! I loved them both since 2019 and I finally decided to write a little about them. Hope you enjoy!

p.s: If you don't like this ship, please don't read or at least don't spread hate. Hate messages will be deleted or/and reported. Constructive criticism is welcome and I would be very happy if you would comment❤️🫶🏻
-------------------------------
Ichihoshi Hikaru's POV
-------------------------------

I'm not special.
I have always known that.

I watched breathless as my brother played when I was younger and just stared, knowing that apart from studying his moves I could never be at his level.
I loved helping him and I loved being somehow a part of something with him, but that was it.
That's all I ever been and all I am now.
Good but not the best, the means but not the end.
Throughout my short life, I carried only pain and felt almost exclusively only pain, and I began to think that was all I could be.

Confusion, tsunami, blackout.
That's how I can explain how I felt during the time Orion made me believe that I was Mitsuru and that I had to help my little brother.

I hurt, I cheated, I cried and continued to cry, knowing I was almost totally alone in this world, knowing I was nothing but a puppet, and in the depths of my unconscious, where I still knew I was hikaru, I understood that I was like a dead weight dragged and moved as Orion liked it.

Then you came, Light.

You came, and you held my hand.
You came, you smiled at me.
You came, you welcomed me.
You came, you protected me.
And you... I am only faithful to you.

My friends, the life I have now, my identity, my heart, you shaped them.
And the strings of my heart danced only when you complimented me, when you looked at me, when I was useful to you, but did you own my heart, or did you own everything about me? After all, I was still somewhat of a puppet, but in your hands, your warm and welcoming hands and my desire to be close to you, wanting to satisfy you and help you more and more .

I didn't want to think that, I didn't want to imagine that, I didn't want to think of you like that.
But looking back, was I your partner, your advisor, your friend or was I your shadow?Did I exist for you beyond all this game? What was I to you? What am I to you? What am I?

Because to me, Nosaka Yuuma is a source of inspiration, the moon that guides the waves of the sea, the one I want to follow and stay next to incessantly. But me? I'm nothing compared to that, so what could you ever think of me?

I don't know that, I don't know that as I run away, because I know it's thanks to me we've lost, again. I don't know that, as my speed increases because one thing I DO know is that SHE is the one who is consoling you now.

Don't know, don't wanna think about it.
Don't want to know, but I AM thinking about it.

So I run away from MY life YOU shaped, run away from the identity YOU shaped and these feelings, burning feelings for you that YOU shaped .

Why did you make me believe I ever was something better than this? Why did you make me BELIEVE at all, Nosaka Yuuma? And why are you knocking the door SO INSISTENTLY right now?