Prologue : Where she came from

Staring at my reflection at the mirror, I honestly see why they hate me. Perhaps, It’s because I am different from them? That’s how society works, right? Kung may kakaiba sayo, you’ll get cancelled. I’m not the type of girl that you’ll easily get along with. Maybe It’s because of my past experience, that my gaze was as cold as winter island. Apparently, their ego was hurt everytime I look at them. Can you blame me? I hate this world, I hate this society, and I hate people especially those who made fun of me.

Kahit pa na gaano ako kagalit sa mundo, wala akong magagawa. Siguro aasa nalang ako sa reincarnation after I die, katulad sa mga napapanood kong anime. I really hope I get to choose what universe I’ll go before reincarnating, because I will never want to be at earth again.

I looked down, looking at my reflection reminds me of my hatred, to the world and to myself. I was holding a blade, ready to end my life. Napakaingay ng pinto, It’s mom again. I think she’s crying? Is that her true feelings? She never gave me much attention in the first place. I got bullied because of this unordinary hair, and she wasn’t even there. She doesn’t even know, ngayon magdadrama siya diyan?

Humigpit ang hawak ko sa blade habang nakatingin sa palapulsuhan ko when I heard my dad knock on the bathroom door. How unusual to see him go home this early, It’s really unusual for a workaholic like him.

I smiled, a very genuine one. What will happen to me after I die? Will I just rest in peace? or maybe heaven and hell was true and I’ll go in either of them? pretty sure I’ll go in the hell. I gently cut the arteries on my pulse, not minding the pain that it causes. Naikot ang paligid ko, ganito ba ang pakiramdam kapag mamamatay na? They say, marerelive mo ang magagandang moments nung nabubuhay kapa when you’re about to die, how can I relive one when I don’t have a single happy memories?

I closed my eyes for a second, waiting for whatever will happen.

“You look dumb, you know.” I blinked when I heared this unfamilliar voice, It’s a girl’s voice. I looked at my sorroundings and something really caught my attention. It was myself– on pause. That or myself looks lifeless, with a poker face at gulo-gulong buhok dahil sa paggupit ko nito kanina.Saglit na nawala ang isip ko sa boses na narinig ko kanina. It looked like the time has stopped.

“Admiring yourself? she’s so beautiful, agree?” In a snap of an eye, I found myself a bit farther to myself, like I am in a different dimension. My dead self was at a large box. Agad akong lumingon para hanapin ang boses and saw a girl with a blue hair. She’s wearing a red casette and every inch of her screams elegance. huh? her hair?

“Woah, you got a... unique hair.” The first word that comes out of my mouth are those, how stupid. Marami akong tanong pero yun pa ang naisip kong sabihin?

“It’s not unique if there’s two of us.” I blinked. Yeah, she’s right. I also have a blue hair, but hers was prettier, must be because I ruined my hair every chance I have. I hate it, even my name reminds me of that color, the color of this bullied hair.

I didn’t dare speak a word, I’m just staring at this little girl that’s a lot shorter than me, but got a big intimidating aura she’s carrying with her. That girl keeps on tapping on air, like she was reading something that I cannot see, Is she a god?

“Lemme break the ice, you died.” I’m not surprised, actually I’m happy. My days of pain are long gone, I will never ever see those faces again. Those mocking faces.

“What? papipiliin mo ba’ko kung sa langit o impyerno ako mapupunta?” I’m amazed of myself. How could I withstand this level of intimidation.

“Nope, you’ll get transfer to another world, where you belong.” Belong? wait? another world? does that mean I’ll get reincarnated?

A hint of excitement in my face was seen. The girl looked at me and smiled. “I thought you’re an ice. Just what did the earth people do to you? well, off you go.”

“wait, I have a request, please.”

• • •

It’s been 3 days since that happened, since I died. It may sounds absurd, but I died and I’m a ghost right now. No one can see me and hear me. Hindi rin ako nakakaramdam ng gutom o pagod. That goddess who appeared before me grant my request to stay in the earth for at most three days just like that. Speaking of her, that’s the last time I saw her.

Pagkatapos niyang i-grant ang request ko, pinag-wish niya pa ako ng tatlong beses. I asked “Are there magics and stuffs in another world?” before I procede with my wishes.

Pagkatapos non, bumalik ulit ang takbo ng oras. There, I saw my mom cry after my dad forcibly open the door. They tried to revive me by bringing me to the hospital, but huli na ang lahat. I made sure that my first attempt will be my last. I almost cried when I see my mom’s regret, she was whispering words to my dead body like she was chanting it. Some of her words are ”Come back, dear.” or “I’m really sorry, my beloved daughter.” My dad who loves his work more than everything skips his for 2 days already. That’s pretty rare, but I guess you also need to take a leave to show affection to your dead daughter. Nasa burol ako ngayon, I’m sitting beside my mom na hindi na huminto sa pag-iyak. It was really weird seeing myself lie in the coffin. I was busy eavesdropping when my dad walks closer to my mom and whispers something. That’s new, my dad never talked to mom because and I quote him “this marriage is for the company, affection and love isn’t needed.” My mom nods at sumunod kay dad. I looked at the wall clock, I only have 10 minutes left. The goddess told me na three days after the doctor declare my time of death will be my departure from this world. Sumunod ako kila dad and mom.

• • •

“I am sorry, evelyn.” Iyan ang bumungad sa’kin ng pumasok ako sa kwarto nila mom and dad.

My mom who’s still crying gives him a passionate smile. “I understand, you didn’t need to worry.” I feel her sadness creep over her. My mom loves my father, but it was just arranged marriage. There are even rumors that my father was still seeing his first love, that’s what I heared a while ago.

“There’s just one thing that I want you to answer.” My mom straigthen herself and looked into my father’s eyes.

“Have you ever doubt our daughter? That she isn’t yours?” Oh, is it revelation time?

“No, I would never.” My dad answered with a straight face.

My mom smiled “That’s good to know, because she’s not yours.” I knew it, I had a hunch. My mom always looked at me like I broke their family. Like I was the one who brings despair to them. Dad’s face became stiff, he was puzzled.

Tick-Tock-Tick-Tock... I only have 30 secs left.

“She’s not mine either.” My mom said, after a moment of silence. What? wait? I don’t understand.

“She’s from another world. Walang nangyari sa atin that time and I haven’t had my first til now. I don’t know how that girl did it, but when you did the DNA test? I was really nervous kasi alam kong walang nangyari sa’tin at malabong lumabas ka na tatay, but it did. The girl talked to me again yesterday and told me that our daughter is a-.”

Wait? wait go back! I really need to hear that, what am I? I screamed, but nothing came out. Bakit ngayon pa napili nila mom and dad mag-usap? kung kailan paubos na ang time. And just like that, I found myself in the middle of the darkness. Is this the transferring the goddess is referring about? I’ll go back and be a kid again, huh? I closed my eyes and am getting ready for anything that may happen.

• • •

It’s been atleast 5 minutes, but I haven’t feel anything different yet. My eyes are still closed, I’m hoping na hindi masakit yong process ng pagrereincarnate.

“susim? ne susim?” There’s a voice, wait? a voice? I opened my eyes and saw an old man that looks really worried. He keeps on saying things that I don’t understand. Wait? I’m still in my 15 years old form. My hair’s glossy and long and I’m wearing my school’s uniform. If I was reincarnated, dapat ay magsisimula ako sa pagiging bata.

I looked at my sorroundings, wait? trees, a lot of tress are within my sight. I’m in the middle of the forest, right? My eyes widened on the realization.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?