#2 - Five

"Jinnie Hyungie~ Let's go out and play~"

"No Kookie, I can't. I need to do my homework. If I don't, Mommy will scold me."

"What is homework? Is it fun?"

"This is homework."

"Hmm

"Hmm... This doesn't look fun. Let me tell Aunty Jisoo, not to scold you. She likes me."

"Kookie. Even if Mommy doesn't scold me, I still need to complete this. If not, my teacher will scold me in school."

"No. I won't let anyone scold my Jinnie Hyung! Should I follow you to school tomorrow?"

"No, Kookie. You can't follow me. You're too young."

"Hmmph!"

"Why not like this. I know you like painting. While I do my homework, you can paint my toe nails."

"Ok~ I'll make it pretty~"

The next weekend, Seokjin's close friends came by to his house to do homework together. Jungkook wasn't aware, and he happily skipped to the living room with his painting kit in hand for his weekly routine. He sulked when he sees there were three other same age boys sitting around the round table, giggling and not doing homework.

"Aunty Jisoo~ Jinnie-"

"Shhh- I'll give you my jellies~"

"Oh! Kookie, you're here. What is it Kookie?"

"Aunty Jisoo. Can I have some banana milk, please?"

"I'll bring it over. Are you going to paint Jinnie's friend's toe nails too?"

"No. It's only for my Jinnie Hyung."

After Jisoo has left, Jungkook parked himself next to Seokjin. As promise, Seokjin took out his jellies stash and gave it to Jungkook as a thank you. Seokjin then introduced Jungkook to his circle of friends.

"Kookie, this is Yoongi, Joonie and Hobi. Guys, this is Kookie. He's like my baby brother."

"Aww... he's so cute! You can call me Hobi-hyung!"

"Hi Hobi Hyung. I am Jeon Jungkook. I am not cute. I am handsome and I am not a baby. I am five years old."

"Pfft. You're still a kid."

"Jinnie Hyung. I don't like him."

"Yoongs? Can you not?"

"You can ignore that Hyung. I'm Joonie Hyung. What should I call you?"

"Hi. You can call me Jungkook."

"Not Kookie?"

"Jinnie Hyung. He kept talking to me?"

"Kookie... it's his way of teasing you. He's a nice person. All my friends are nice people. They are like your big brothers. They will also protect you, okay."

"Hmm... okay. They will protect me and I will protect you Jinnie Hyung!"

"Yes you will. Now are you going to make my toe nails pretty again?"

"I'll make you pretty~"

Before Yoongi could make another comment, Seokjin glared at him. Meanwhile, Hobi and Namjoon got distracted and instead of doing homework they were admiring Jungkook's artwork.

Several months later...

"Yoongi Hyung can you give me some money?"

"Why do you need money, kiddo?"

"Jinnie's Hyung birthday is coming soon. I want to buy him jellies."

"Kid. Your Jinnie already have a lot of jellies."

"Hmm... then what should I give him?"

"You like drawing. Why not you make him a birthday card?"

"Ok. Can you help me spell the word later on?"

"I'll find you some message. You can just copy from there."

"Thanks Hyung! And I'm not a kid."

"Yeah... yeah... whatever you say kiddo."

"Yoongs! Be nice to Kookie!"

"It's okay, Jinnie. Yoongi Hyung doesn't like me. I'll go off first."

"Aish! That brat!"

4th December...

"Jinnie Hyung!!! Happy Birthday!!!"

"Thank you, Kookie. What's that on your hand?"

"It's a birthday card for you! Mommy help me draw and I colour it for you!"

"It's so pretty~ I love it! Aunty Jennie! Thank you!"

"Nothing much, Jinnie. You should have seen Kookie's room. He tried to draw it for you."

"Mommy! It's supposed to be our secret!"

"Kookie~ Why didn't you just give me your drawing? I'm sure it's nice."

"No. It's not pretty. I'll gift to you when I think it's pretty."

"Okay. I'll wait then. For now, I'll keep this okay. Thank you."