Part 20

Dhruv observed his brother. Indrajeet was busy on his laptop, claiming to work, but the forceful keystrokes he made in frustration suggested otherwise.

Turning to his wife, Dhruv noticed her sitting with her back to Indrajeet, seemingly pretending to ignore both him and Dhruv.

Earlier, Raina had confided in Dhruv during a call, saying, "Indrajeet has become unbearable. I can't tolerate him anymore."

Since then, she has been avoiding speaking to Indrajeet.

"Basically, I was absent for two weeks and my brother, you're back to square one? From 'I like Vara' to 'there is no future for us'..." Dhruv sat down dramatically. "I think my hair will turn white sooner because of your stress."

"I don't want to talk about it," Indrajeet glared at him.

"Indra," Dhruv took a deep breath and began, "Are you sure... I mean, what you heard is true? Don't you think maybe... it could be a misunderstanding..."

"There is no misunderstanding... I know what I heard, what I saw, and it is true," Indrajeet clenched his teeth. Whenever he thought about it...

"And I believe maybe it's for the better. I know no one wants to hear my opinion on this matter, but still, I want to say. Dadisa was also not too excited with... you know... she thought it would be bad for our home."

Indrajeet and Dhruv looked at her in shock.

"What do you mean?" Dhruv asked.

"Well, after the attack... I had a little chat with Dadisa..." Raina began and told them all about their discussion. "So you see, it's for the better. We saw how immature Daksh and Tarini behaved on her birthday..."

"You prat, have you been talking about me behind my back now?" Indrajeet sneered.

"I... What? Indra, I... just told you what Dadisa thinks. She called me in the first place..." Raina was hurt now. He has been shouting at her at any given point since Vara's rejection. "I can't take this anymore. I am leaving. I just want to know if your behavior is going to stay the same. If you are going to behave like this before my parents then I will tell them not to come here." Raina left.

"Not done, Indra... this was uncalled for..." Dhruv began.

"Great, so go after your wife. Leave me the hell alone," Indrajeet shouted at him.

Dhruv looked at him in amazement before leaving him alone. Now he knows what Raina meant when she said he had become unbearable. But he also noticed something that Raina failed to see...

His brother is in pain. Pain of heartbreak... Dhruv can very well understand it. There was a time when Raina and his relationship had hit a snag, things had gone as far as divorce... That time it was Indra who had become the middleman for them.

Now he will have to do something for his friend. But what he didn't understand is when and how come Indra has started feeling so strongly for Vara? They knew each other for hardly a few months...

Then there is also the matter of Dadisa... If she is against it then...

*****

Tarini and Daksh were sitting on their bed. Between them lay a bundle of 10,000 rupees.

"I can't do it," Daksh refused. "Already Indra Dada's mood is so off nowadays. He was going to oust us from this home. Now if I return him this cash..."