2. 'Warm Welcome' my arse

As Violet made her way to the Slytherin table she was met with glares all around. Violet glared back and ended up sitting with Snape- he had been her and Lily's childhood best friend, yet she always felt left out.

Her eyes looked around the room, finally latching onto her sisters. Merlin, Lily had been mad at her since the start of summer when Violet declared she couldn't possibly stay at Durmstrang any longer.

It was cold, dark, and strict compared to Lily's school which was filled with joy all around. Violet had tried to go back to Durmstrang in her second year- she didn't want to make Lily upset by going against their agreement.

Lily and Violet had come up with an agreement that they would go to different magical schools when Severus told them about the 4 different options. He had said there were many more but they were secluded and usually riddled with dark magic. Lily had suggested going to different schools so they could become their own person and not feel attached to each other. She had always hated that.

The other reason why Violet had transferred - she liked to keep this one to herself- was because of the soulmate letters. Durmstang forbade these letters as they thought it meddled with their relationships and they needed to focus on school, not their love life.

Violet was a secret hopeless romantic. She likes to cast herself to others as unbothered, but deep down she was filled with excitement to receive her first letter.

"You alright vi?" Snape spoke. He must have noticed her out-of-character smile that had found its way on her lips. Violet shook her head in a nod.

"How was your su-"

"Oi! Sev, what are you doing chatting with that mud blood?" a boy with platinum blonde hair shouted. Severus whirled around to talk to him.

Violet expected Severus to stand up for her. How dare this random boy call her such a name? However, Severus slowly got up, not looking at her at all, and made his way down the table towards the boy. He didn't punch him or shout at him, no he smiled at him, apologized, and sat down with some lame excuse.

Violet took her opportunity and marched up to the blonde rat. The boys at Durmstrang had taught her some tricks to defend herself, so when she reached the boy she whacked him over the head with her left hand putting some powder into his hair, and with her right she picked up the gravy jug, tipping it all over his head.

His hair turned an awful green, akin to mold. However, the boy did not notice until his friends laughed and pointed.

"Merlin Malfoy, what's happened to your hair?" one of them shouted

Malfoy rushed off to the bathroom, trying to wipe off the gravy, however, he stuck to him like glue, making him fall over.

"I am going to kill you Evans!" he screeched, this got Lily's attention. Violet smirked at Lily, but she did not receive the same gesture back. Lily just got even more mad. But Violet stood up for herself. She defended her blood, her name!

Violet shook her head in disappointment. That night she couldn't sleep, she felt lonely- so lonely. Even her sister was not talking to her.