lap 8

Pierre woke up to the familiar smell of bacon and eggs cooking down in the kitchen. He slowly dragged himself to the shower to freshen up.

Showering as quick as he could, his stomach started to grumble at the thought of his moms food. He jumped out and quickly got dressed and combed his hair.

He ran down the stairs, sometimes skipping two steps at a time, and walked into the kitchen. His mom was cooking breakfast, and his dad and sister were setting up the table.

"Good morning" Pierre said to his family, as he went over and kissed his mom on the cheek. "Smells great!" he said, his stomach starting to grumble again.

"Good morning love. Almost ready, just a few more minutes. How about you get some drinks out?" His mom requested.

Pierre nodded, and asked his parents and sister what they wanted to drink. His mom and sister wanted hot chocolate, which he found weird considering it was 20 degrees out, but he turned the kettle on anyways.

In the meantime, he poured his father a cup of coca cola, and himself a glass of water. By the time he was done, the water finished boiling and he completed the hot chocolate, setting all the drinks on the table.

***

"It's delicious" Pierre's sister said, stuffing her mouth with bacon. Pierre nodded in agreement as he took a bite of his eggs. Their mom smiled at them as a thank you.

They discussed random things at the table, such as news and stuff going on at his sisters school.

Pierre's parents were talking about the French Grand Prix coming up. They told him they can't make it for the practices, but won't miss the qualifying and race.

PIERRES POV

"Speaking of the race..." I started. I decided to tell them about Liliana now, just incase anybody sees her and I together and sparks up some rumours. "I met a girl some days ago, and we went on a date together. I also invited her to the race."

"Oh yeah? She nice?" My father asked.

"Yes, very. She's beautiful and funny as well, and she has an interesting life. She's from Italy, and she's a model." I comment, smiling at the thought of her.

"Aww, that's very nice of you to say about her. I'd like to meet her at the race" My mother asked, taking a bite of her food.

"Okay, she's gonna be watching the race in the garage. Her and I gotta be careful tho around the paddock, don't want someone to see us and spark up any rumours" I say as my parents nodded.

I was excited for my parents to meet her, hoping that they will approve. But tomorrow was the practice, and I need to focus on that now.

***

As I was at the gym training, I pulled out my phone to text Liliana. I realized that I had only told her about coming to the race, completely forgetting about the practices and qualifying.

Pierre
Hey, Liliana. I forgot to tell you that practices are tomorrow, and qualifying is Saturday. Did you wanna come, or did you wanna go to only the race?
delivered 2:03 pm

I set my phone back down beside me as music started to play through my earbuds, and I continued my workout. Tomorrow are the practices, and I'm really hoping Liliana will want to come, as I also want to introduce her to the drivers.

LILIANA'S POV

A dinging sound came from my phone, signaling that someone texted me. After a few minutes I set down my camera on a bench after taking some photos, and sat down beside it. I pulled my phone from my back pocket and opened up the notification, leading me to iMessages.

Pierre
Hey, Liliana. I forgot to tell you that practices are tomorrow, and qualifying is Saturday. Did you wanna come, or did you wanna go to only the race?
delivered 2:03 pm, read 2:09 pm

I honestly didn't even know that there were practices and qualifying, I just thought that they did a race and then moved on to the next the following weekend. That really shows my knowledge of the sport..

Liliana
wow, i didn't know there were practices and qualifying 😭 i thought it was jus the races
but yeah, i can go to those aswell!
delivered 2:11 pm, read 2:14 pm

Pierre
Great, I'll pick you up tomorrow at 9 am then.
delivered 2:15 pm, read 2:19 pm

Liliana
great, see you tomorrow!

I put my phone back in my pocket as I started walking back to the house. I was started to feel more excited now, knowing that tomorrow i'll get to watch him race, as well as possibly meet the other drivers.

A/N

feeling iffy about this chapter too but it'll get better when i can finally write about the grand prix weekend !! also sorry for not updating yesterday

remember to vote and comment <3

not proofread