Chapter 2

I jolt away from my sleep to find the others talking.

"Okay but let's say you're least favorite color was red and you were in gryffindor. Would you really wear the tie every single day?" Pansy asks, trying to prove a point I'm sure.

"Well I mean it's not like you really have a choice. Do you?" Daphne answers.

Theodore is the first to notice me. "Sofia if you got Ravenclaw, but your favor-"
"Sof- Ravenclaw," Mattheo chuckles out loud. "She's too stupid for that." He states with a playful tone.

"If I'm too stupid for Ravenclaw, you have no chance." I counter as the rest of our group laughs with us. Mattheo rolls his eyes "whatever."

"So what house do you think you're going to get?" Daphne asks.

"Well I am a direct descendant of Salazar, so it would only make sense."

"Hands down you would totally get Slytherin. You're too manipulative" Mattheo says. Now it's my turn to roll my eyes.

"So, Sofia. You single?" Theodore asks.

Before I can answer yes, Pansy answers for me. "Not for you she isn't."

"Jealous baby?" Theodore asks with a wink.

"No, I'm just trying to save her from the misery of dating you. Trust me." She says turning her attention back to me. "I know from experience I wish I never had." My eyes widen the slightest bit as I catch Mattheo looking Pansy over.

I was joking before, but how much drama is in this group?!

Mattheo catches me staring and sends me a plea with his eyes.

I just shrug. I feel the train beneath my feet slowly come to a stop. I follow Mattheo outside. "Where am I supposed to go?" "Well dumbledore told me to bring you to him when you arrive." "Alright" we leave the group of students heading inside the castle as I shiver from the cold. Winter break just ended, the winter part didn't. We go through numerous groups of students of all different houses until we've reached a man that looks like Santa Clause but a little skinnier. "Professor Dumbledore." Mattheo nods his head in greeting with the fakest smile known to mankind.

"Ahh Mr. Riddle, it's nice to see you again. And you must be Ms. Riddle, if you could follow me please I would like to take you to my office for a private sorting."

"Why does she need a private sorting?" Mattheo asks skeptical.

"Well it's the middle of the year so it's not going to be like normal." Dumbledore explains.

"Mhm I see,"Matt murmurs unconvinced. "Bye Sof, see you later." He gives me a quick hug then regroups with his friends. Dumbledore apparates both of us to his huge office.

Why the fuck is his office so big.

I notice two other professors there. One has a tight bun on the back of her head and the other I know is Severus Snape. He's been at my father's meetings a couple of times. He watched me get tortured by my own blood, even kept my cousin from trying to help me. Which I'll admit would be pretty stupid of Draco, but it's the thought that counts.

I send him the coldest glare I can muster without letting anyone else notice. Dumbledore gestures for me to sit on the chair I front of his desk. I sit on the leather seat and Tight-bun grabs a hat that I think...has a face on it? She puts it on my head while introducing herself.

"Good morning Ms. Riddle. I'm Professor McGonagall and I hope to Merlin's beard that you are nothing like your brother."At first I thought she meant Tom considering he acts like a psychopath most of the time, but then I realize Matt would probably cause more trouble.