Chapter 2.

Summer, 1995
Los Angeles, California
••••••••

One year laterOmniscient -"Elise, it's time to go your car is outside

One year later
Omniscient
-
"Elise, it's time to go your car is outside." The loud knocks sounded from the other side of the bathroom door, while Elise quickly cleaned her mess. She checked herself once again in the mirror, wiping away any remaining residue around her face. "Coming!" She shouted hastily, bringing her dark shades down from her head and placing them over her bloodshot eyes.

Exiting the bathroom. She was met face to face with Laurent who'd been waiting outside, "Finally girl, i almost broke down the door." He huffed loudly, taking ahold of her hand, and leading her out of the apartment building. Elise rolled her eyes underneath her shades, letting him drag her along.

They settled into the black Escalade quickly to avoid the piercing heat. Turning her body to face Laurent, she awaited his daily morning ritual.

Taking note of her relaxed posture, Laurent looked over the planner, "So, your schedule for today is pretty relaxed," he began, "You have a photo shoot for Essence Magazine, and a few interviews with their writer, and the 'Heal Los Angeles' foundations charity event later in the evening." He listed off moving his pen through the air.

Elise stretched in her seat making the bottom of her hoodie rise, exposing her toned tummy. Patting it a couple times, she looked back at Laurent.

"Well can we eat first? I'm starving." She inquired.

"We can grab something after your photo shoot, I don't want you to be bloated while taking pictures." He waved her off, earning a loud huff from Elise.

"What's the point of you working for me, if you're not going to give me what I want?" She questioned, turning her body away from him and facing the window.

"Girl, I don't care about what you want. Fire me." He dared leaning forward, placing his palms on both of his thighs, "I'm waiting."

"Why do you act like that?" Attitude laced in her tone. "Like what?" He sassily replied, placing a hand on his waist. "Like freaking weight watcher police." She snapped in his direction.

Laurent smacked his lips, leaning forward to grab his cross body bag, resting beside his feet. "Here, eat a banana since you soo hungry." He gritted in annoyance, tossing the fruit in her lap.

Her eyebrows knitted, looking from the fruit to him. "What is a banana going to do for me Laurent, be so for real." She laughed out in disbelief that he would actually give her a damn banana. "Give you energy, fiber, potassium, and overall good health, ungrateful ass girl," he matter of factly stated.

Elise examined the banana closely, "Any other fruit would have been cool. You could have pulled out an apple, or a plum. That would have been fine, but a banana?!" Elise mugged him sitting back in her seat, muttering exploitive insults, yet, peeling the banana anyways.