6) James Miller's Spin-Off

"So, it turned out okay?" I asked Olivia by the time she called me. Today is the day that she decided to confess that she planned out everything to make me and Melissa close. I suggested her to not to but she refused as she keep on bragging that the plan keep on haunting her mind. Not wanting to fight back, I just let her go and give her the best of luck.

"Not at all. I messed up a lot. By the way, she's leaving to London within this week so you better hurry if you want to see her... For the very last time." She answered. What? Melissa is flying to London? What for? Before I could ask Olivia that bunch of questions, she already hung up as if she already knew that I'm going to ask her lots of questions.

So from there, I decided to meet her. I know that both Melissa and I are not in good terms but still, we used to be really close and I know that she is still into that kind of stuff with me.

I quickly got up from my bed and put a t-shirt on before heading out. I bet that she is at home as she had to take care of the children. I heard that she was expecting twins but I don't know whether it's true or not. After the final touch-up, I went out of the house and into my car. I started off the engine and drove off, to Melissa's penthouse.

It took me a few minutes to reach Melissa's penthouse. I waited in my car for awhile, thinking of what to say when I meet her later. When I was in my car, I saw Chris walked out of the building. I ducked so that he couldn't see me. He went into his car that is parked directly in front of mine. He got in and drove off. Great, Chris is not in the penthouse so this can make my conversation with Melissa easier.

I quickly got out of my car and went into the building. I pressed the elevator button and got in. I took a deep breath and pressed the button to Melissa's penthouse. I have a huge feeling that she really doesn't want to see me due to Olivia telling her that me and her planned everything to get her attention.

The elevator door opened and I eagerly went out of the elevator. I knocked on the door and waited for Melissa to open the door. This is weird. It took Melissa to open the door longer than I expected. I groaned and knocked again, much more louder. Finally, I heard the door unlocked.

The door opened and I saw the person that I wanted to see for so long behind the door with a horrified face. On her arms, I saw a little boy sleeping. I raised an eyebrow, looking at him closely. Well, that little boy looks like Chris and also a mixture of Melissa's appearance. So I bet that it is one of her children.

My stare towards Melissa's child was cut short after Melissa started to voice out.

"Why are you here?" Her voice sounded wobbly as if she was too scared to see me. I swallowed my saliva and looked at her with softened eyes.

"I came to see you." My voice turned out hoarse. My heart started to beat really fast that makes me a very hard time to breathe. I cleared my throat and looked at her again. She just stood there, biting her lip, maybe thinking on what she should say afterwards.

"Well, I don't want to. Please, leave." She said, closing the door. Before she could do that, I hold onto the door so that the door didn't close. I lightly pushed it so that I didn't injured Melissa and the little boy.

"Why are you so stubborn? I just don't want to see you." Melissa's voice started to rise a little.

"I just want to talk to you for the very last time. Please, just hear me out." I begged. Melissa shook her head vigorously. She tried to close the door one more time but again, I stopped her.

"James, please go away. I have other things to do than talking to you." Ouch, that hurts. I could feel my heart ache as if there's thousands of knives stabbing my heart continuously. I sighed and looked straight in her eye, searching whether she really wanted me to leave.