Chapter One

Anne's POV

I stood outside the doors to the kings throne room with Sasha and Marcy. I couldn't believe it, I was actually going back home!

"You ready?" I said, looking back at my friends. Sprig, Polly and Hop Pop were smiling at me from behind Mar Mar and Sasha. Hop Pop nodded at me reassuringly. "I'm more than ready." Sasha said from under her cloak. 

For a second it had seemed like she had glanced at Grime while speaking but it couldn't mean anything. Sasha had changed and I was so glad that I had decided to trust her again. I knew it was the right decision. And here we were, ready to leave Amphibia! 

I swung open the doors and stepped into the grand room. King Andrias was seated on his throne, a row of guards on each side of him. "Ah," The king said as we entered the room, "You brought  the box! Wonderful!"  

"Yup!" Marcy replied, "Fully charged." Andrias smiled at us, "Well I believe you girls are ready to go home?" 

I looked back at the Planters, they had done so much for me and my time in Amphibia had been wonderful. But I was ready to go home, and see my parents. Oh and my cat of course! 

"Yes," I said, "We are." 

I reached out to place the box in King Andrias's hand, but before it reached his palm the box got snatched out of my hand. 

"Now Grime!"

In horror, I turned to see Sasha and Grime with the box. Grime lifted out his hammer, ready to smash it into the ground when I noticed something placed on the edge. It was silver, and glowing blue and white rapidly. 

BOOM! 

I stood still for a moment, not able to contemplate what had just happened. Grime and Sasha looked shocked, the hammer had been blown to pieces. I didn't know what to do. 

King Andrias however, started ordering his guards right away. "Surround them!" He yelled. A newt pulled the box away from Grime and passed it to me. I grabbed it, not sure of what I was doing. 

I didn't know what to think, had Sasha tried to steal the box? Why would she do that? 

"Anne?" 

I shook out of my daze to see Andrias staring at me questioningly. He had his hand held out. 

"The box?" 

"Oh yeah sure" I answered. But when I turned back to the king I noticed something. He seemed more tense now, his smile seemed fake. Sure we had just been betrayed by Sasha, but was it something more. I hesitated. 

"Uh Anne?" 

I looked behind me to see Marcy walking up to me. "Come on, give him the box. Don't you want to go home?" 

"Of course I do!" I answered, and thrusted the box into Andrias's hand. 

Andrias stepped back and placed the box onto a stone pedestal. 

"So, can you send us home now?" I asked, "Is there some kind of ritual we need to do or what?" 

"Oh no," The king laughed, "Not at all." From the side of his throne his pressed a button, and I immediately heard a buzzing noise. Around twenty five robots flew in from the windows and surrounded us. The newts stepped back in surprise and ran out of the room. 

"Im afraid I can't let you go home yet Anne," Andrias said, "See I have big plans for earth and I don't want you getting in the way." 

"What!" I yelled, "You tricked us!" 

I small smile creeped upon Andrias's face, "Oh I didn't do it alone. I had help." 

"You.. what?" 

"Yes. I had help. And from one of your own friends too! She helped you charge the box and then encouraged you to bring it to me. Only to betray you." 

I glared at Sasha, "Yeah. I know Sasha betrayed us. What's new?" 

"I would never help him!" Sasha yelled, "Do you really think that I would do that!" 

"yes!" I replied, "yes I do!" 

"Wow. You two still don't get it." 

I starred at Marcy as she walked through the Robots, smiling menacingly. "I helped him." 

"No." I said, "You- you would never." 

"Why? Because I'm sweet innocent Marcy?" She said sarcastically, "Because I'm just her clumsy useless friend?" 

"Marcy you know that's not true!" I pleaded. 

Marcy ignored me, "And you know what?" 

"I just don't care anymore! I don't care that you two look down on me. But it doesn't mean that I will let it slide. You two will get what you deserve." 

She smirked at me. 

"And it will be fun."