Chapter 8: Jenlisa Family

The first thing the camera shows is Lisa holding the camera with a smile. “You think that’s the last of us? Well, you’re wrong,” she says. “We just showed you our individual days, but now this part of the show will show us as a family since I know people will be wondering about that.” Lisa says with a chuckle. “And now I’m going to find my kids,” she said as she started walking and found her kids in the living room.

They were on the couch doing different things, like Lukas was seen playing what looked like a dancing game, while Luna on the right was listening to music. Then there was Alexander holding his camera, looking at the photos he took, and Juliana was watching a show about fashion. Seeing that Lisa grabbed their attention, “guys,” she said as Alex and Juliana tapped their siblings so they could listen to what their Maê would say, “What is it, Maê?” Lukas said as he took off the headphones, “Me and your Omma have decided that we’re going 4-day camping trip.” Lisa announced, which made the kids excited upon hearing Lisa’s announcement, and before they could run, Lisa stopped them: “Guys, we have to do inventory first and wait for your Omma, so let’s go to the dining area.” Lisa said the kids agreed and went to the dining area.

As Lisa followed them to the dining area, Lukas spoke, and in his excitement, he spoke Thai. “This camping trip will be fun,” he said, as Luna agreed with him as she spoke in Korean. “Yeah, I agree, it’s going to be so much fun.” Then Alexander joined in but spoke in English. “The view will be amazing, and I hope I can take pictures of it,” he said, then Juliana spoke in French to her siblings’ amusement. “I can’t wait to see what the campsite looks like,” she said as the kids continued chatting. The video then switches to their parents as the interviewer praises them again because their kids are multilingual, which made their parents proud as the interviewer asks them about their first language. "All kids know Thai since that was their first language and they were all born there,” Jennie explained, “and at some point they learned how to speak Korean and English, and after that, when we moved to France, they obviously learned French.” Jennie said, finishing her explanation, “So are they interested in speaking other languages?” they asked, “Well, at the moment, Luna and Lukas are interested in speaking in Japanese.” Lisa recalled, “I think Lukas is only interested in speaking Japanese, so he doesn’t have to read subtitles anymore,” Jennie said, making Lisa laugh. “Anyway, our kids are smart and can learn and understand many languages,” Lisa boasted, which made Jennie chuckle at how proud Lisa is.

Then it switches back to the dining area, with Jennie joining in. As she arrived, she then put a brochure of the campsite on the table and said, “OK, me and you’re Maê had many choices on what places we’re going to go, and I decided to choose this because it’s private and looks beautiful.” Jennie explained as the kids looked at it and agreed with their mom, “OK, let’s start packing the items that we need for the camping trip, so let’s prepare.” She told them as the kids agreed and everyone went to their rooms to pack. It transitions to Lisa in the car and she says, “OK, we’re packed and ready to go.” She says them and looks around to see if anyone else is there. “OK, I’m just going to say this: remember the private campsite that we’ve chosen for our camping trip? Well, I bought it.” Lisa admits, but before she can say anything else, she hears the kids and says, “I’m going to explain more later.” She says quickly, then turns the recording off and smiles as she sees Jennie and the kids enter, “Have you gotten everything?” She asks as all the kids nod. “OK, let’s go,” she says as she starts driving.

Then the camera opens and starts recording as Alexander is holding it. “OK, what songs should we listen to for the road?” Lisa asks her kids as Luna speaks. “Maê, remember the last time you asked that question? All of us didn’t agree on the music because of our different music tastes.” Luna reminded her as Jennie spoke. “So what music do you guys like?” she asked her kids, and it was quiet for a minute until Juliana spoke. “How about listening to Blackpink?” She suggested looking at her siblings, who all agreed, “Yeah, that’s probably the music we can agree on,” he said as his parents chuckled. “OK, Blackpink it is.” Lisa says as she opens the playlist and the familiar tune of "Whistle" starts as the kids sing along, then a montage of all six of them jamming to the song is shown, then she transitions to the interview room once again. “So when did your kids realize you guys were Blackpink?” The interviewer asked, “Well, actually, our kids have always known that we were black.” Jennie revealed, “They knew that their parents, their aunts, and their kids were aware of us being in a band, but they didn’t know how famous we are.” Jennie explained, “They only found out during our reunion concert many years ago.” Jennie continued, “Yeah, I remember they were so surprised at how many blinks filled the whole stadium, and after that’s where they learned that we were literally that famous,” Lisa added, remembering their and the other kids’ shocked faces, “and that’s how they found out about it,” Jennie said, finishing her explanation.

The video transitions again to them arriving, as the camera was now being held by Lukas as they stopped. “OK, we’re here,” Lisa said as they all got out to get stuff. What was not recorded was that a man approached them, talked, gave Lisa something, and left, which got Jennie and the kids curious. “Maê, what’s that?” Juliana asked, “Well, that was the caretaker, and he gave me the deed to the land of this campsite since I bought it,” Lisa told them with a smile. Hearing that shocked them “What when?” Jennie asked as Lisa looked at her, “I bought this over a month ago, and this was actually supposed to be my anniversary gift to you.” Lisa admitted, “But I thought, why not use this for our campsite?” Lisa explained as Jennie smiled at her, “Well, this was a good idea for an anniversary gift.” She told Lisa as she kissed her on the cheek, and the viewers saw how happy Lisa looked when Jennie liked her gift.

Then it was Luna’s turn to hold the camera as Lisa toured everyone. “That’s the camper where it can fit all six of us,” she explained as she showed the inside of the van, which has three rooms. Two of those rooms have two bunkbeds in them, while the other one is considered to be the master bedroom. It was very spacious, with a mini fridge, and it had electricity as there was a generator on, a bench outside, and a fire ring if they wanted to make a campfire. Everyone loved the place as Lisa toured them around more, and a mile from the campsite was a gorgeous lake with a dock and a boat if they wanted a boat ride. It excited everyone, and because of that, everyone understood why Lisa asked them to bring their swimsuits. Then they took a small trek, and it was nice enough that there was a trail and signs on where to go. They arrived at the place, and they were amazed to see a gorgeous waterfall. “You picked a great place,” Jennie said as they followed their kids who were recording the place. “Well, I found this place when I helped the photography studio find a gorgeous nature spot that a client wanted for an ad,” Lisa explained. “Well, I really love this place.” Jennie said as Lisa kissed her temple, “I’m happy you love it, Jennie,” she replied as they continued walking hand in hand.

Then a small montage shows the family enjoying their camping trip and showing more of the place till it shows them back in the camper as Juliana is now the one holding the camera and it shows Lisa grilling the meat while Jennie was preparing the drinks and her siblings were helping them out, then it transitions to Lisa holding it with Jennie beside her and she was showing their kids on the campfire eating s’mores and shows them again. “I hope you guys enjoy watching as we get to know our family and our family trip,” Lisa says as Jennie waves. “Try to guess who’s the next family," Lisa adds while snickering, then says bye as the Jenlisa family says bye, then the screen turns off.

Lisa then put the camera in the bag as she got the attention of their kids. “OK guys, are you all done?” She asks as the kids nod as they extinguished the fire. “OK, let’s go inside,” Jennie says as she opens the door, but the kids won’t move. “Hey, Omma,” Luna says as she moves forward. “Yes, honey?” Jennie says curiously, “Can me and the guys stay in the tent today?” She asks Jennie, who looks at Lisa, who nods, “Sure, you can stay in your tents, but knock on the door if you want to go in.” Jennie told them as the kids smiled and went to their tents. After a minute and checking their kids were fully asleep, Lisa and Jennie went inside the camper to their room. “You know I should do something for our anniversary since,” Jennie said, making Lisa chuckle. “Nah, don’t, and plus, being married to you is already a very great gift,” Lisa says with a grin as Jennie rolls her eyes at the cheesiness, but then gives out a mischievous smirk on her own as she pushes Lisa on the bed and straddles her. “I can’t give you a gift right now, but will this suffice?” she seductively says to Lisa, who gulps and nods as they close the distance and kiss.

Let me tell you that when they came out of the camper in the morning, their daughter Juliana handed them a mosquito repellant, saying about them having mosquito bites, which made them blush in embarrassment as their older kids laughed while the younger kids were confused. Anyway, their camping trip was fun and an enjoyable memory, and they took pictures of it. Jennie and Lisa shared a few pictures on Instagram and another one that showed their whole family, which everyone thought was adorable, and they couldn’t wait to see who was the next family.