Prologue

Ahaan firmly expressed, "You're my wife only on paper, and I'll never accept you as my wife. Also, I don't want anyone to know that you're my wife," gripping Amal's wrist tightly.

Amal, in pain, responded, "I never wanted to be your wife in the first place. Now, leave my hand; you are hurting me."

With those words, Amal left for her house, where she had lived alone for two years. Behind locked doors, she cried, feeling unsupported physically, emotionally, and mentally. She refrained from calling her best friend, not wanting to burden her with more problems, and cried herself to sleep, worried about what tomorrow might bring.

Meanwhile, Ahaan, still angry, sped away in his car to his secret spot. There, he pulled out a cigarette to calm down. As he smoked, he contemplated his life, realizing how hye had foolishly accepted a Nikah with an unknown girl whose name he didn't even know.

His thoughts were interrupted by a call from his worried mother. "Hello Beta Ahaan, kidar ho! Itni der hogai aur tum ghar nahi ponche?" ("Hello! Where are you? It's been so long, and you haven't reached home yet?")she asked anxiously. Ahaan assured her, "I am on the way, Ammi. Within 10 minutes, I'll reach home. Don't worry." With that, he hung up, sat in his car, and drove home, carrying the weight of his emotions.

Thank you for accompanying me on this journey. Your support means the world to me. 🌸 Please share and vote.

- Your authorjaana_