(018) promise

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"i wanna take you out to someplace nice tonight." mattia said over breakfast.

for the past 3 days larri has been TENSE. he doesn't not want mattia and nev alone in the same room. nev thinks that nai told him about mattia's reputation, but she thinks that he actually changed, or was just accused in the first place. how could a guy as loving and kind as mattia be known for being a cheater and a player?

nev knew not to expect anything from anyone based on their reputation alone, because for years neveah heard how kind chris was and how he would never hurt a fly. look how well that turned out for her.

"great, where?" larri interrupted. "i'll make a reservation for the 3 of us."

"larri, can i talk to you real quick?" nev stood up from her chair abruptly.

"now?"

"yes."

"fine."

she dragged him away from the kitchen, and made sure she was in a place where mattia wouldn't be able to hear anything.

"you okay?" larri commented, realizing how red her fact was.

"larri, you really don't have the right to do all of this." she said. "i don't know why you don't want us to sleepover, but i'm happily following that rule because its a sorta understandable one. but you following us around all the fucking time? you didn't do that shit with me and chris."

"cause chris is a good guy!" larri defended.

"you sure?" she asked sassily. "cause last time i checked, he kicked me out of his house when he knew i had nowhere to go. and who helped me out when i was all the way across the country when i had absolutely no one?"

"mattia." he mumbled.

"exactly." she nodded. "do you see how happy he's making me?"

he nodded.

"then why do you not want that for me?" she asked. "is it because nailea told you that he's known for being a cheater?"

"yeah.." he trailed off.

"i appreciate you worrying about me, but you treating him like this isn't gonna stop him from cheating on me IF that even happens." she emphasized on the 'if'. "also, let's not forget that rumors and reputations don't mean shit. i bet he's gonna make me way more happier than chris ever could, do you know why?"

"why?"

"because mattia isn't a fucking child, that's why." she said. "he knows how to communicate, he knows how to take in multiple point of views. and he definitely won't fucking kick me out of his house. ever."

"i'm sorry neveah." larri sniffled, pulling her into a hug. "it's just you and me. i'm always gonna worry about you, but i think i did take it too far this time."

"yeah, you did." she rubbed his back. "could you apologize to mattia, please?"

"of course."