Prologue

"What a mess we made of falling in love."
S. Colinson

*Extreme Trigger Warning*

Ashton DuPont is everything anyone wanted or wanted to be. He was breed to be the heir of a fortune, his life was filled to the prim of unimaginable luxury and old money. His family is well know around the world and one of the top family's living on the Upper East Side of New York City. You would think his 17 year old self would be happy and content with everything he has in his life. But people didn't get why the boy was so quite, so stoic and cold.

The DuPonts' had become influential over generations of all different businesses ventures and investments. They are one of America's richest family's and with that came pressures that no one could see behind their pitch perfect smiles and extreme etiquette.

But behind those smiles laid many secrets, many private affairs that they would hide from public eyes that were craving to ridicule the family.

Reputation was very important to Charles DuPont, everything he would do with this family's last name was important to him. Charles pushed to keep the DuPont name on top, to continue to develop the generational wealth.

Charles worked endlessly to keep the DuPont Company in order with countless business investments and endeavors, neglecting the most important people in his life, just like his father before him. He didn't know any better it was just how he was taught to be, work, charity, and social responsibility.

No time for anything else which included begin emotional, he was cold people close would say.

Until he meet Alice his wife, she had opened him up to live a little to see the good in other things than just working and upholding a name.

Alice DuPont was born and raised in the Outer Banks on a small island called Kildare in North Carolina. Her family was also very rich but not to the extent in which she married into, it was a whole new world that had trapped her in a cage all because of love...

She tried as much as she could to help her husband, to change him make him see life differently. She really thought things would be better because falling in love with Charles was the best thing she experienced in life and would do anything to keep it together.

She grew up in a world with less stress and toxicity, she knew how to have fun and let loose and enjoy the little things in life. That's why Charles love her so much she was an escape in a world filled with responsibility.

When Ashton was born the couple was extremely happy. He was their world and would do anything for him, but deep down his farther knew he would grow up one day to see the hardship that will one day lay on his shoulders and it worried him.

At the age of 8 Ashton's life changed with the death of his grandfather, his father was now in charge of the DuPont Company and would no longer show up to his soccer games, swim meets, and sometimes at home. He was always on a business trip or working with a very important client. His father was always stressed out and frustrated, the responsibilities took a told on his father.